News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Korea- Too boring

Started by Josquius, January 31, 2012, 07:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

She doesn't drink, she was just travelling. Once on a train and once on the streets.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on March 24, 2013, 07:39:50 AM
She doesn't drink, she was just travelling. Once on a train and once on the streets.
:yeahright: That literally sounds impossible to me.

If you get drunk in Itaewan you can get pick pocketed, and if you're a woman getting too drunk at a club can be dangerous for the same reason as anywhere else in the world but that's about it. No western guy I know would hesitate to walk down any ally in Seoul. It's ridiculously, unbelievably safe compared to any large Western city, let alone an American one.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

Can we send Tim to spelling camp?

The Training Of Mr. O.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Probally a stupid question, I think things have changed in South Korea, but...I'm reading a book about North Korea: would this be illegal in the South?
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

It's 2013 not 1983. Of course it's legal.

Hell even back then it would be fine as long it wasn't supporting the North/Communism.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Don't think it was as long ago as 83. I remember reading stuff only a decade ago about banning Japanese cultural stuff in Korea.
██████
██████
██████

Lettow77

Quote from: Tyr on March 24, 2013, 07:03:45 AM
How safe do you find Korea? A friend was just telling me to be careful speaking about how she was in Korea for 3 days but had people trying to rob her twice. :blink:

Come on, tyr. You've been in Japan long enough to know by now that all Koreans are criminals.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

jimmy olsen

Wait, is your friend Japanese Tyr?

Some people here are still incredibly racist against the Japanese here.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

She is yeah. Odd that racism would manifest in attempting to rob her though. Guess she was just unlucky.

Quote from: Lettow77 on March 25, 2013, 05:46:58 AM
Quote from: Tyr on March 24, 2013, 07:03:45 AM
How safe do you find Korea? A friend was just telling me to be careful speaking about how she was in Korea for 3 days but had people trying to rob her twice. :blink:

Come on, tyr. You've been in Japan long enough to know by now that all Koreans are criminals.
I only know the one Korean and she is merely a bit of a bitch.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on March 25, 2013, 08:40:39 AM
She is yeah. Odd that racism would manifest in attempting to rob her though. Guess she was just unlucky.

I have an extremely difficult time believing a claim of robbery on a train. I mean it's not impossible, but I would probably rate my chances of that happening on my next ride as about equal with the train derailing.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

I am in Seoul. My hostel looks super skanky and cost what a proper hotel would in Japan...accommodation Korea doesn't seem so cheap, the train from the airport cost nearly nothing though. Seems my hostel has wifi too. Yey.
It is nippier than Japan outside (ironic) but seems ok so far......lots of tall girls. Need to go have a night time sniff about and then start touristing tomorrow. Here's to hoping I don't get ripped off and/or die.

Weird experience so far- when I opened my browser I was hit in the face with a load of writing in Korean which I gather is an obscenity warning. My last visited site being.....of that nature
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

How much? What does super skanky mean to you?

What are you doing Friday.

1 Karma Chameleon point