News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

SMF 2.0.2 upgrade problems

Started by Baron von Schtinkenbutt, January 28, 2012, 08:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

If you don't set your own theme, you get whatever I set the board default to, apparently.  Its going to be bouncing around a bit while I figure out why the Blue theme won't behave.

FunkMonk

The Fresh theme is superb, with utterly no problems. I'll never go back to Blue.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Maximus

Quote from: FunkMonk on February 02, 2012, 11:30:01 AM
The Fresh theme is superb, with utterly no problems. I'll never go back to Blue.
It is nice, but I don't like how it doesn't use the width of my screen. I have 2 inches to either side of solid colour.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Maximus on February 02, 2012, 11:56:40 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on February 02, 2012, 11:30:01 AM
It is nice, but I don't like how it doesn't use the width of my screen. I have 2 inches to either side of solid colour.

I have half the screen unused. And posts sometimes have to scroll sideways inside the middle division.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Tonitrus

I switched to "elegant", no problems.

CountDeMoney

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Josephus on January 29, 2012, 05:46:11 PM
How do I fix this so I can see what I'm typing? If I type a post, as I'm typing my words stay on the same line and go off my screen.
I haveto put hard returns, else I can't see what I'm typing after around 70 characters or so? CAn't see a
scroll bar. :(
Same here. Prepare for a lot more typos guys.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Or you could be prepared to clear your fucking cache.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Get laid again, vM?  We could set a watch to your Cock Calendar.

ulmont

The WAP version, for my lame blackberry, is still slow as hell by comparison.

Admiral Yi

Yeah, what was the scoop Moldy?

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Another problem in AT&T's circuit to my SmartJack.  Third time since December they have had the same problem.

I would like to note, though, that the server itself is closing in on 200 days of uptime.

CountDeMoney

vM, before you go get laid and we don't hear from you for the next 3 days, the site's been timing out all fucking morning.  Make sure you didn't turn off the server again.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 19, 2012, 07:29:38 AM
vM, before you go get laid and we don't hear from you for the next 3 days, the site's been timing out all fucking morning.  Make sure you didn't turn off the server again.

I've noticed intermittent drops in the connection, sort of like what was happening last summer.  So far nothing seems to last more than 30s or so.

MadBurgerMaker