News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

SMF 2.0.2 upgrade problems

Started by Baron von Schtinkenbutt, January 28, 2012, 08:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

I think the only problem is getting used to it. I will allow you to keep it is more stable.

[spoiler]WTF are you looking at? I'm just testing the spoiler thingie.[/spoiler]

How about that video embed?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmqqbl0xBbc

Nope, just the link.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Sorry about that.  I was trying to fix file permissions and clean up a mod, and managed to break everything.  Had to restore the backup I mde just before installing the mod.

DGuller

The popularFX style works fine, except for that annoying underline at the end of the post.  It's highly annoying.  I'd still prefer that over that orange concoction, though.

Josephus

How do I fix this so I can see what I'm typing? If I type a post, as I'm typing my words stay on the same line and go off my screen.
I haveto put hard returns, else I can't see what I'm typing after around 70 characters or so? CAn't see a
scroll bar. :(
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Ok...using the popular fx style seems to hav fixed that problem.

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

I think vM is right that it is some sort of cache issue, perhaps. I don't have that same post running issue if I use the classic core theme in explorer (where I've never opened languish).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadBurgerMaker

I actually rather like the default version for the moment.  Smilies are all fucked up though, which is a problem, since I consider them a vital part of my communication skills. 

MadBurgerMaker

Oh and clearing the cache does indeed make it stop scrolling off the screen or however you would describe that.

Josephus

I seem now to have lost most of the "smileys".  :( I only have a few of the classics. Most show up as the generic "jpeg" icon.

garbon

You can fix that if you edit smilies in the look and layout section.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

Yeah, that seemed to work on my PC here at home. Not so much on my work Mac.

MadBurgerMaker

Oh hey, I noticed the little thing at the bottom of threads showing numbers of viewers who are eyeballing the topic seems to always say:

Quote0 Members and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

Not a big deal.  Just a thing.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on January 30, 2012, 05:11:36 PM
You can fix that if you edit smilies in the look and layout section.

Which option has the custom smilies?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

forum profile...look and layout...smilies.

Liep

I think he meant which has the :yeah: :hmm: :w00t: thingies.

EDIT: I see they're working now using forum default.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk