The Eight Most Obnoxious Internet Commentators

Started by Josephus, January 26, 2012, 03:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ideologue

Mr. Science and/or Political Activist.

To be honest, I don't see what was wrong with the second "Mr. Science" actual example.  In context, I imagine he was dealing with the omnipresent tards a few years back who thought the hadron collider was or even could be dangerous.  I mean, it might be if you stuck your head in it.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Valmy

Quote from: Ideologue on January 26, 2012, 03:49:06 PM

To be honest, I don't see what was wrong with the second "Mr. Science" actual example.  In context, I imagine he was dealing with the omnipresent tards a few years back who thought the hadron collider was or even could be dangerous.  I mean, it might be if you stuck your head in it.

I was sort of baffled by the idea that everybody who posts science stuff is some sort of professional making ignorant people feel stupid.  They could just be a dude who has an interest in science.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Josephus on January 26, 2012, 03:42:42 PM
Which one are you?

I try to avoid conversations where I know the people who have already spoken aren't going to be around to read my reply.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: Valmy on January 26, 2012, 04:11:24 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on January 26, 2012, 03:49:06 PM

I was sort of baffled by the idea that everybody who posts science stuff is some sort of professional making ignorant people feel stupid.  They could just be a dude who has an interest in science.

Yeah, no shit.  It's not like I'm a lab tech, I just know some basic stuff about things I'm interested in, like aerospace, biology, and nuclear weapons.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"