Al Sharpton PWNED by Joe Arpaio

Started by Caliga, May 01, 2009, 07:15:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Korea

I want my mother fucking points!

The Brain

Talking about Sharpton's "colorful" antics, and about bringing his "circus" to town? Why not call for slavery while he's at it?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DGuller

On the one hand, it's nice when Sharpton is being told off.  On the other hand, it's a shame when the other person is Joe Arpaio.  By most accounts the guy is an egomaniac thug in uniform leading a police force full of thugs in uniforms.

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on May 01, 2009, 10:29:05 AM
On the one hand, it's nice when Sharpton is being told off.  On the other hand, it's a shame when the other person is Joe Arpaio.  By most accounts the guy is an egomaniac thug in uniform leading a police force full of thugs in uniforms.

Most accounts?

Really?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

I don't think that you can really say there is a problem just because Maricopa County has paid out tens of millions of dollars in settlements to people (or their families) severely injured or killed in multiple different incidents while in his custody.

0 rows returned

Barrister

I really didn't think the letter was pwnage.  It actually seemed fairly petty, and quite obviously intended for media consumption.  The guy is in law enforcement - he's supposed to be above the political fray.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Slargos

Quote from: Barrister on May 01, 2009, 10:55:58 AM
I really didn't think the letter was pwnage.  It actually seemed fairly petty, and quite obviously intended for media consumption.  The guy is in law enforcement - he's supposed to be above the political fray.

I thought Sheriff was a politically appointed office.

ulmont

Quote from: Slargos on May 01, 2009, 10:59:53 AM

Sheriff is usually a directly elected office.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Slargos

Quote from: ulmont on May 01, 2009, 11:06:44 AM
Quote from: Slargos on May 01, 2009, 10:59:53 AM

Sheriff is usually a directly elected office.

So he DOES have reason to get political. Thought so.

DONT YOU FEEL SILLY NOW BARRISTERBRAT

Berkut

Oh man, you really don't know much about this guy, do you?

He is all politics - as he must be, since he sure as hell isn't surviving on his laudible law enforcment record.

He is pretty much the poster child for repulsive populist hate mongering.

0 rows returned

PDH

Quote from: Berkut on May 01, 2009, 11:14:52 AM
Oh man, you really don't know much about this guy, do you?

He is all politics - as he must be, since he sure as hell isn't surviving on his laudible law enforcment record.

He is pretty much the poster child for repulsive populist hate mongering.
Fuck you, liberal.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Caliga

I thought it was PWNAGE in that you usually don't see Sharpton get told off because of the obvious reaction you'll get from his organization (i.e. "such and such is racist and their product/cause/etc. will be boycotted").
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

crazy canuck

The guy is in law enforcement - he's supposed to be above the political fray.

This guy is elected, hence the letter.