News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Tory MP suggests Somerset timezone

Started by Sheilbh, January 18, 2012, 04:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Hakluyt

No castle. But his father-in-law, the rather splendidly-named Somerset Struben de Chair, owned Chilham Castle for a few years back in the 1940s.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on January 18, 2012, 10:44:46 AM
No castle. But his father-in-law, the rather splendidly-named Somerset Struben de Chair, owned Chilham Castle for a few years back in the 1940s.

:lol:

Sheilbh

Apparently it's part of a plan to try and foil the bill.  Another Tory amendment would rename it the 'Berlin Time' Bill. 
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-16628724

However Rees-Mogg's added: "Where Somerset goes, I think the world would follow," Rees-Mogg declared, "and I think we would replace Greenwich Mean Time with Somerset Mean Time."
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 18, 2012, 10:51:37 AM

I don't see the joke there.  Nice Castle though.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on January 20, 2012, 08:24:48 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 18, 2012, 10:51:37 AM

I don't see the joke there.  Nice Castle though.

Read that sentence again.  How much more British could it possibly be?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ideologue

Quote from: Jacob on January 18, 2012, 10:24:51 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on January 18, 2012, 08:26:00 AM
He's not an aristocrat. Far less posh than Cameron who wanted Jacob's sister, Anunziata Rees-Mogg, to call herself 'Annie' when running to be a Tory MP :bleeding:

Does his family own a castle?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)