News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Five Years in the EU!

Started by Martinus, May 01, 2009, 02:42:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Hey, fellow Euros! Happy fifth anniversary of Poland's and Hungary's* entry into the EU.

:beer: :smoke: :frog: :goodboy: :pope: :osama: :ccr :pirate :punk: :scots: :smarty: :uffda: :bowler: :rolleyes: :unsure:  :yeah: :wub: :whistle: :w00t: :perv: :tinfoil: ^_^ :nerd: :thumbsup:  :menace: :contract: :hide:

*Plus other nations but we don't have posters from them here.

Liep

Congratulations!

I think that we in the last 5 years have had an increase in jokes about (immigrant) Poles on the tv, so it's all good.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eochaid

Congrats. It barely took Poland 6 months to steal the title of "Most annoying country in the EU" from Great Britain. :P

Poland, the country that says NI!  :lol:

Kevin
It's been a while

Sheilbh

Quote from: Eochaid on May 01, 2009, 03:45:32 AMCongrats. It barely took Poland 6 months to steal the title of "Most annoying country in the EU" from Great Britain. :p
:lol: Yeah.  Poland the country everyone loves to hate.  God bless those twins.
Let's bomb Russia!

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

The Brain

Now get the fuck back out kthxbye.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Iormlund

Quote from: Martinus on May 01, 2009, 02:42:39 AM
*Plus other nations but we don't have posters from them here.

At least in the other board there used to be a Czech or two.

Josquius

Didn't Hungary join at the same time?
And I don't think we have/had Czechs. Just Syt in Praha
██████
██████
██████

Iormlund

Syt is in Vienna. There was a guy called Green Alien or something like that who lived either in Czechia or in Slovakia. And that other dude (Smizk?) was from around there as well (although I could be wrong).

Martinus

Quote from: Tyr on May 01, 2009, 06:44:05 AM
Didn't Hungary join at the same time?
Can you read?

QuoteHey, fellow Euros! Happy fifth anniversary of Poland's and Hungary's* entry into the EU.

Martinus

Quote from: Iormlund on May 01, 2009, 06:50:59 AM
Syt is in Vienna. There was a guy called Green Alien or something like that who lived either in Czechia or in Slovakia. And that other dude (Smizk?) was from around there as well (although I could be wrong).
LOL you guys are hopeless.

Szmik is from Poland.  :rolleyes:

Zanza

Pishtaco live(s/d?) in Prague, but is British IIRC.

Syt

I'm genuinely happy about the EU expansion of 2004. Bulgaria wasn't bad joining in 2000-somthing, but I think Romania should have stayed out for the time being.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Brazen

Quote from: Iormlund on May 01, 2009, 06:04:49 AM
At least in the other board there used to be a Czech or two.
They'll come back. Czechs bounce.

Eochaid

It's been a while