Stupid question: When Black and white people have seeeeex!

Started by Razgovory, May 01, 2009, 02:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Situation: One of my sister's friends (who is a real nasty slut) just had a baby.  My sister's friend is white and her boyfriend is black.  She claims the baby is his (but really has it narrowed down to three people).  I saw a picture of the baby and it's lilly white.  My sister and my brother say that that when one parent is black and one is white that half the time the baby comes out white and the other half comes out black.  I said that works for flowers not people (well it doesn't work exactly like that but I didn't want to get in to a discussion about Mendelian genetics).  I said that baby will almost always be a mixture of the two and will be considered black.  I also thought the boyfriend dodged a bullet (his family seemed to suspect  this might happened and asked for a paternity test before the baby was born).  Now I full recognize that I'm bat shit crazy and prone to being wrong.  So am I wrong or right?

(oh and my sister also suggest that the baby may start out white but get black after a few days).  I never heard of that.

Oh and and I know Grumbler doesn't believe in race but in clades.  But I hope he gets the general idea what I'm talking about.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Jacob

From my understanding it's possible that the black dude might still be the dad and have a white baby like that.  However, in most cases the baby would be a mocha coloured mixture.

Slargos

Phillip V

Some half-breeds:

Thandie Newton

some guy

Rashida + Kidada Jones

Viking

The kid may be half black, but it's 100% white trash  :contract:
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Eochaid

Quote from: Razgovory on May 01, 2009, 02:24:55 AMOh and and I know Grumbler doesn't believe in race but in clades.  But I hope he gets the general idea what I'm talking about.

I know a mixed couple (she's French, he's Cape Verdian). Their first kid was REALLy dark skinned ("Seal" dark), the second was whiter than milk.

Funnily enough they live in the US and they registered both kids as "African American" :D

Kevin
It's been a while

Iormlund

Quote from: Martinus on May 01, 2009, 02:26:33 AM
It works for flowers just as it works for people.

Not quite. Mendelian genetics only work for certain traits. Usually more things are more complex ( more than a single gene is involved, etc).

Viking

Quote from: Eochaid on May 01, 2009, 04:06:57 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 01, 2009, 02:24:55 AMOh and and I know Grumbler doesn't believe in race but in clades.  But I hope he gets the general idea what I'm talking about.

I know a mixed couple (she's French, he's Cape Verdian). Their first kid was REALLy dark skinned ("Seal" dark), the second was whiter than milk.

Funnily enough they live in the US and they registered both kids as "African American" :D

Kevin

Cape Verde is in Africa.  :contract:

*Yes, I know it is a group of islands, but a group of islands off the coast of Africa.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eochaid

Quote from: Viking on May 01, 2009, 04:29:08 AMCape Verde is in Africa.  :contract:

*Yes, I know it is a group of islands, but a group of islands off the coast of Africa.

No shit Captain Obvious.  <_<

I was amused by the fact that they registered the white kid as African-American.

Kevin
It's been a while

CountDeMoney

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 01, 2009, 04:57:44 AM
Strom Thurmond had nigger babies.

I always thought it was Strom Thrumond ate nigger babies.

But your's makes more sense.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Caliga

Usually they are of mixed complexion, yes.  My boss's daughter is half-white, half-black and she has some black features, and some white ones, but her skin tone is right in the middle between the two norms.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points