News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Word - Help!

Started by Sheilbh, January 15, 2012, 10:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

MS Word has stopped saving.

When I try to save, save as or close the document down and choose to save it just doesn't work.  It looks like nothing's happening.

Anyone know what's up?

Edit:  Other bits of Office are working fine.
Let's bomb Russia!

derspiess

Sorry to have to ask, but have you rebooted your PC?  If that doesn't do the trick, I'd uninstall & then reinstall Word.  And is this happening with any document, or just one you happen to be working with?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 15, 2012, 10:56:05 PM
MS Word has stopped saving.

When I try to save, save as or close the document down and choose to save it just doesn't work.  It looks like nothing's happening.

Anyone know what's up?

Edit:  Other bits of Office are working fine.

AI - its become a critic ?  :unsure:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Sheilbh

Quote from: derspiess on January 16, 2012, 10:33:22 AM
Sorry to have to ask, but have you rebooted your PC?  If that doesn't do the trick, I'd uninstall & then reinstall Word.  And is this happening with any document, or just one you happen to be working with?
Yeah I've rebooted a few times.  I tried turning off autosave as well.  It's happening to all word documents.  I'll probably have to re-install when I get back home tomorrow <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

Scipio

I recommend Open Office.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

garbon

Quote from: Scipio on January 16, 2012, 07:05:01 PM
I recommend Open Office.

:x

On topic, look up "word won't save" in google. Seems to be a lot of different suggestions.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Could be so many things. Sounds so awfully specific I am tempted to yell virus but...yeah, reinstall
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on January 17, 2012, 05:32:42 PMOn topic, look up "word won't save" in google. Seems to be a lot of different suggestions.
None of the easy suggestions helped, so I asked here.  I'm not going to start rummaging around system files to fix it - or following the other, more complex solutions - if I don't know what's wrong.

Annoying though :(
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 18, 2012, 04:31:20 AM
Quote from: garbon on January 17, 2012, 05:32:42 PMOn topic, look up "word won't save" in google. Seems to be a lot of different suggestions.
None of the easy suggestions helped, so I asked here.  I'm not going to start rummaging around system files to fix it - or following the other, more complex solutions - if I don't know what's wrong.

Annoying though :(

Ah yes, then I'd go with re-install if you can.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

How do you know it's not saving?

Have you tried opening up the (presumably unsaved) file to see if your changes took?

szmik

Have you tried saving using different format?
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.