And we're back!

Main Menu

Weirdness From The Past or Your Past.

Started by mongers, January 11, 2012, 08:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 13, 2012, 09:47:00 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on January 13, 2012, 09:41:39 AM
Also aluminIum cans are bottle deposit. God, damn it.

Where the fuck in my post did you see any reference to aluminum can recycling?  Please, fucking point it out to me, Professor. I'd really like to see where, within the context of my description of glass bottle deposits, I MENTIONED ANY FUCKING THING ABOUT ALUFUCKINGMINUM CANS.  I REALLY WANT YOU TO TELL ME.

No where but then Timmy ask it has a question, illustrated by the ? he used.

How do you guys recycle beer bottles then? Like Wine bottles?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

PDH

Quote[reuters]

A small, incandescent light was seen somewhere in Baltimore.  At first scientists believes it was the long-dreaded "dirty bomb" going off, but upon further examination it turned out to be the unleashed fury of an internet poster.

There were no remains except a charred keyboard, the remains of a sweater vest, and a middle finger, but luckily there should be enough DNA to identify the body.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Admiral Yi

Aside from the bottles, definitely there's a deposit on aluminum cans.  You completely forgot about those Seedy.  Maybe too early in the morning or something.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 13, 2012, 09:50:27 AM
No where but then Timmy ask it has a question, illustrated by the ? he used.

If you're going to post an accusatory question from out of your ass, at least make it fucking relevant to the discussion at hand.

QuoteHow do you guys recycle beer bottles then? Like Wine bottles?

How the fuck do I know, I don't drink.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 13, 2012, 09:51:20 AM
Aside from the bottles, definitely there's a deposit on aluminum cans.  You completely forgot about those Seedy.  Maybe too early in the morning or something.

Now you're just trying to induce an aneurysm.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Brazen on January 12, 2012, 09:47:27 AM
Underage drinking without being challenged for ID  :cheers:
Indeed.  I feel sorry for underagers today :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 13, 2012, 09:58:37 AM

Everybody else gets the allcaps and I get this little shit fag post.  What's up with that?  :mad:

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 13, 2012, 10:11:10 AM
Quote from: Brazen on January 12, 2012, 09:47:27 AM
Underage drinking without being challenged for ID  :cheers:
Indeed.  I feel sorry for underagers today :(

It's pretty counter-productive as well. In my day the police used their judgement and cracked down on teenagers who were being a nuisance; this meant that if you behaved yourself and could plausibly possibly be 18 then you were free to go to the pub.

Brazen

No payment for recycling in the UK, just a fine if the councils spots you putting recyclable stuff in the regular waste and oodles of middle-class guilt othersie. Householders generally get a recycling bin they have to put out for collection once a week, or communal facilities in flats - ours fills up two days after it's been emptied. These days it's usually all in one container rather than having to divide paper/card/glass/plastic/tins etc.

At least it's evolved a little. Initially you'd have to take recycling to the supermarket or rubbish dump and put it in the relevant bin one bottle or paper at a time.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 13, 2012, 10:16:44 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 13, 2012, 09:58:37 AM

Everybody else gets the allcaps and I get this little shit fag post.  What's up with that?  :mad:

I refuse to let Yi out-Yi me.  You magnificent bastard, I read your book.

Syt

Seedy was channeling BRIAN BLESSED. In fact, from now on, I will imagine all of Seedy's post to be read by BRIAN BLESSED.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.