News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

It's morning in Obama's America

Started by citizen k, January 07, 2012, 12:38:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: garbon on January 07, 2012, 04:42:34 PM
Yes because liking one woman whose ass isn't in Christie's league demonstrates that.

You think Hill's ass is not in Christie's league?

Phillip V

I am not sure if Christ Christie is for the national stage. However, he only just got started as Governor of New Jersey in 2010, and he is young, so let's wait until 2016 or 2020 before making an assessment.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 07, 2012, 04:44:08 PM
Yes because liking one woman whose ass isn't in Christie's league demonstrates that.

Probably not.  She doesn't appear morbidly obese.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Phillip V

Quote from: Razgovory on January 07, 2012, 04:46:36 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 07, 2012, 04:44:08 PM

Probably not.  She doesn't appear morbidly obese.

And she's grown out her hair now. :wub:

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on January 07, 2012, 04:25:32 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on January 07, 2012, 04:12:37 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 07, 2012, 04:06:02 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on January 07, 2012, 03:51:34 PM
I think he's a pretty impressive campaigner.

If only he had the goal of being a pretty impressive president. :angry:
I think he has.  He's got more significant domestic legislation than any President since Reagan, at least, and I think his  foreign policy's been strong.  He's up there with Bush I on foreign policy in my view.

You may not think that what he's done is right but he has, for the most part, achieved it.

Okay. :rolleyes:

I know, right?  Even I don't buy that.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Neil

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 07, 2012, 04:32:34 PM
By that token surely the most successful recent campaigners were W, Carter and Nixon? :mellow:
I'd accept W and Nixon, both of whom defeated serious opposition in their first election.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Phillip V on January 07, 2012, 03:51:27 PM

Once again. Look at the economic indicators. That June poll you linked to, look at gas prices and stock market at the time.

You know this doesn't really help your case don't you?  McCain is consistently below Obama by a decent margin up until his convention bump.  And then it falls back down again.  Obama's convention occurred shortly before McCain's and you can see the slight bump he gets from that.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on January 07, 2012, 04:03:32 PM

Umm, so you don't know much about the nation then? We don't want a fattie nor do we want someone from New Jersey.

You know that most of the people in the US aren't gay, right?  Being overweight may actually help him, in a country where more and more people are fat.

Phillip V

Quote from: Razgovory on January 07, 2012, 04:53:15 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on January 07, 2012, 03:51:27 PM

Once again. Look at the economic indicators. That June poll you linked to, look at gas prices and stock market at the time.

You know this doesn't really help your case don't you?  McCain is consistently below Obama by a decent margin up until his convention bump.  And then it falls back down again.  Obama's convention occurred shortly before McCain's and you can see the slight bump he gets from that.

Obama broke away in polling starting in May/June when the Dow started dropping and then utterly ran away with victory when the economy totally went to hell in September.

Admiral Yi

Crop your goddamn quotes.  Nobody needs to see those two foot wide graphs another eight times. :bleeding:

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on January 07, 2012, 04:56:31 PM

Umm, so you don't know much about the nation then? We don't want a fattie nor do we want someone from New Jersey.

You know that most of the people in the US aren't gay, right?  Being overweight may actually help him, in a country where more and more people are fat.

Oh - can you point out for me many of the eminent politicians in America who are morbidly obese? We're talking about a guy who just last year was hospitalized for a few weeks because of his asthma condition exacerbated by his weight.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

He starts doing well in June because that's when he wins the nomination.  After that the Democratcs can actually start running for the Presidency.  Though I think their long primary actually helped them because it sort-of sucked the oxygen out of political stories once McCain had already won and was campaigning.  In much the same way that right now it's tough for Labour to get in on a story when there's coalition infighting (though Labour's problems are deeper than that).
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on January 07, 2012, 05:01:02 PM

Oh - can you point out for me many of the eminent politicians in America who are morbidly obese? We're talking about a guy who just last year was hospitalized for a few weeks because of his asthma condition exacerbated by his weight.

Nadler was pretty fat for a while.  So was Frank.  http://www.newser.com/story/79544/public-prefers-fat-politicians-if-theyre-men.html

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on January 07, 2012, 05:07:27 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 07, 2012, 05:01:02 PM

Nadler was pretty fat for a while.  So was Frank.  http://www.newser.com/story/79544/public-prefers-fat-politicians-if-theyre-men.html

So where are the examples of people as big as Christie?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on January 07, 2012, 05:09:30 PM
So where are the examples of people as big as Christie?
Also I don't think Nader or Frank, or Huck before he lost the weight count as really that 'eminent'.
Let's bomb Russia!