News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball 2012

Started by jimmy olsen, January 04, 2012, 10:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Hey CdM with 29 games to go the Orioles are just two games out of first place.

Do you think...this could happen?  :ph34r:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:
They've got the bats cooking.  Bullpen's got to stay stable.

Who the hell knows.

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

sbr

I'm gonna need Chris Davis in a fantasy league playoff so I hope they keep it up.

MadBurgerMaker

Oh yeah, this happened today:

Michael Young: "Fuck you, KC"

(Also, the Rangers hit 80 Ws..it's pretty crazy how much things have changed starting like four years ago, prior to which getting to .500 was an awesome season and didn't happen all that much)

alfred russel

Quote from: sbr on August 25, 2012, 02:02:33 PM
Looks like the Red Sox fire sale is official.  They dumped over $250 million in salaries (Adrian Gonzalez, Carl Crawford, Josh Beckett, Nick Punto) on the Dodgers for 2 top pitching prospects, 2 marginal position prospects and a decent MLB First Baseman with an expiring contract.  This is after the new owners of the Dodgers ridiculously overpaid ($2 billion) for the team.

Magic Johnson is a part of the group, and man could he run the fast break. I'm sure those skills transfer to running a baseball team.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Syt

The Pirates, meanwhile, after a great performance mid-season, seem intent to make this a losing season after all. :weep:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

alfred russel

Quote from: derspiess on August 27, 2012, 02:24:41 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 03, 2012, 10:00:18 AM
So a little over a month into the season and the two hottest teams in terms of Runs scored/allowed differential are: St. Louis (+65) and Texas (+49)

And 127 games into the season, both teams still lead the league. St. Louis has +126 and Texas has +113.  Weird.

Somehow the Orioles have a 31 run deficit and are just five games out from the best record in the league.  :wacko:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

stjaba

Quote from: alfred russel on September 04, 2012, 12:23:29 AM

Somehow the Orioles have a 31 run deficit and are just five games out from the best record in the league.  :wacko:

I don't know the exact figure, but the O's have out-scored their opponents by a respectable margin over the past month or so. They've been lucky all season long, but right now it's more than just luck.

Sophie Scholl

Baltimore tied atop the AL East with the Yankees!! :yeah:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

alfred russel

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on September 04, 2012, 09:24:19 PM

The way the new playoffs work, I think it is really important to avoid getting in through the wildcard. Not only do you face a one game crapshoot, you are going to blow out your pitching rotation if you get to the next round while your opponent is resting up.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: alfred russel on September 04, 2012, 09:40:02 PM

The way the new playoffs work, I think it is really important to avoid getting in through the wildcard. Not only do you face a one game crapshoot, you are going to blow out your pitching rotation if you get to the next round while your opponent is resting up.

No shit:  a single playoff game, and no way to set your rotation.  Fuck that, it's all about winning the division now.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Strix

Quote from: alfred russel on September 04, 2012, 09:40:02 PM

I am not so sure about that. In the 18 years since it was implemented, the Wild Card team has played in 10 World Series and won 5 of them. So, in any given year there is about a 50% chance one of the Wild Card teams will make it all the way. I'd say there really isn't an advantage or disadvantage.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

CountDeMoney

Records since July 18:

New York Fucking Yankees 19-25
Baltimore Orioles 29-15

Valmy

That ten game lead is....GONE!

COME ON ORIOLES!  Maintain your magical powers for just two more months.

Man I should have named my second son Zach Britton.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."