And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball 2012

Started by jimmy olsen, January 04, 2012, 10:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

This means I can take my Roger Clemens cards out of the box and go back to being a fan, right? Right? :unsure:

nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/47864639/ns/sports-baseball/
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

dps

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 18, 2012, 05:27:04 PM
This means I can take my Roger Clemens cards out of the box and go back to being a fan, right? Right? :unsure:

Wouldn't suggest it in Boston.

sbr

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 18, 2012, 05:27:04 PM

You can do whatever you want.  He still cheated, there is no doubt about that.  The government couldn't prove he lied about, doesn't mean he didn't do it.

CountDeMoney

Won't see Cooperstown in his lifetime.  Good luck with the Veteran's Committee in 60 years, Rog.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 19, 2012, 06:28:10 AM
Won't see Cooperstown in his lifetime.  Good luck with the Veteran's Committee in 60 years, Rog.
Bond's will get in, so will Clemens.

1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 19, 2012, 07:12:07 AM

Yeah, in 60 years like I just said, you fucking ignorant Ass Burgers Syndrome fuckstick fuck.  Stop sucking juiced cock.

None of the juicers will get in until the Veteran's Committee does it.  Do not underestimate the respect the sportswriters have for the sport, and how gravely they know it's been betrayed.  It's more than the players have demonstrated in lying their juicing balls off.

jimmy olsen

Clemens and Bonds will be elected by the writers eventually, the rest, yeah, they'll have to wait for the veteran's committee.

1 Karma Chameleon point

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 19, 2012, 07:43:03 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 19, 2012, 07:12:07 AM

Yeah, in 60 years like I just said, you fucking ignorant Ass Burgers Syndrome fuckstick fuck.  Stop sucking juiced cock.

None of the juicers will get in until the Veteran's Committee does it.  Do not underestimate the respect the sportswriters have for the sport, and how gravely they know it's been betrayed.  It's more than the players have demonstrated in lying their juicing balls off.

The real problem is that we don't really know who juiced and who didn't, and the writers don't either, but they think that they know.  So everybody is a suspect, and every player is going to lose some votes because some writers, somewhere, will think that they juiced.  For a guys who have overwealming credentials and who very few people think juiced, say, Greg Maddux or Ken Griffey, Jr, they'll still go in.  Maybe they get 92% of the vote instead of 98%, but so what?  The guys who will get screwed are the guys who would ordinarily have gotten in with 77%--they fall to 72% and miss out, even without any real evidence against them.

Valmy

Like the wife of Caesar, Baseball Hall of Famers must be above suspicion.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on June 20, 2012, 08:04:26 AM
Like the wife of Caesar, Baseball Hall of Famers must be above suspicion.
That's brilliant! :lol:

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

Arizona Wildcats win the College World Series.

I don't follow it much but it sounds like it was an improbable run.  Good for them and the Pac-12.

jimmy olsen

Basketball hijack!

Sick cartwheel between the legs slam! :o :worthy:

http://1045theteam.com/justin-jus-fly-darlington-insane-cartwheel-dunk-video/

1 Karma Chameleon point