Holocaust survivors blast Nazi garb at protest

Started by jimmy olsen, January 02, 2012, 05:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: Valmy on January 03, 2012, 11:51:28 AMCorrect me if I am wrong but I thought in Israel everybody who is religious is Orthodox.

That part of your statement doesn't sound right.  The other part, about the ultra-Orthodox avoiding military service is correct AFAIK.

QuoteI love the rivalries between the Christian sects for their little slice of the Holy Places pie.  It is so wonderfully insane and Middle Eastern.

I particularly love the part where possession of the keys to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre is hereditary in a certain Moslem family because none of the Christian sects that share the church trust each other enough to allow any of the others to have the keys.

Neil

Quote from: DGuller on January 03, 2012, 02:06:19 PM
Who is to say that David Ben-Gurion wasn't that Messiah, or the guy who shot Count Bernadotte?
Or Adolf Hitler?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on January 03, 2012, 09:50:19 PM
Quote from: DGuller on January 03, 2012, 02:06:19 PM
Who is to say that David Ben-Gurion wasn't that Messiah, or the guy who shot Count Bernadotte?
Or Adolf Hitler?

I would have thought you would have a bit of insider knowledge on this being a deity and all.  Even a Canadian deity probably hears rumors in the divine halls and such.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017