NFL Playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs!?!

Started by CountDeMoney, January 02, 2012, 06:36:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Fuck Marvin Lewis. Fuck the damn Bengals. MOTHERFUCKING COCKSTAINS.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

jimmy olsen

That Broncos game was entertaining as hell!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 09, 2012, 06:37:18 PM
That Broncos game was entertaining as hell!
Just wait until they smoke the Gaytiots.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadImmortalMan

I hope Tom Brady gets sacked so hard he flies out of bounds and smashes into Tim Tebow, killing them both.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

sbr

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 09, 2012, 08:21:35 PM
I hope Tom Brady gets sacked so hard he flies out of bounds and smashes into Tim Tebow, killing them both.

:lol:

MadBurgerMaker

I was laughing like a crazy person during that Broncos OT TD.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 09, 2012, 06:32:44 PM
TBone did make some nice deep passes.

That was what he was best at in College as well (well when he wasn't doing a battering ram impression).
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on January 10, 2012, 09:12:34 AM
That was what he was best at in College as well (well when he wasn't doing a battering ram impression).

Reminded me a little of Mark Rypien.  So so quarterback with an ungodly touch on the long ball.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 10, 2012, 09:16:09 AM
Reminded me a little of Mark Rypien.  So so quarterback with an ungodly touch on the long ball.

:wub:

It was so weird in 1993 the Skins decided to try a west coast offense...with Rypien as QB.  No wonder they went 3-13 and have never had a decent QB since.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Sophie Scholl

Hue "The Ego" Jackson out in Oakland.  I am:  Pleased. :)
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Neil

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on January 10, 2012, 03:25:57 PM
I don't see why.  A new head coach every year is a pretty bad way to run an organization, even one as sick from top to bottom as the Raiders.

It's like Al Davis left the controlling interest in the Raiders to his ghost or something.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

dps

Quote from: Neil on January 10, 2012, 06:24:27 PM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on January 10, 2012, 03:25:57 PM
I don't see why.  A new head coach every year is a pretty bad way to run an organization, even one as sick from top to bottom as the Raiders.

It's like Al Davis left the controlling interest in the Raiders to his ghost or something.

Who is in charge of the Raiders now?  I've heard nothing on the subject.

Sophie Scholl

Reggie McKenzie was hired by Mark Davis, Al's son.  McKenzie came from the Packers organization.  As to Jackson, the guy is an egomaniac who I wanted to be appointed de facto gm or be able to pick the gm if one goes by what he had said.  He acted as the gm after Al's death, and look what it got the Raiders:  No playoffs, no draft picks, Carson Palmer, and TJ Houshmanzadeh.  Awesome job, Hue.  The team set an NFL record for penalties and penalty yardage, had numerous second half collapses, and just an overall lack of discipline.  That's all on Hue.  Throw in his massive ego, rumors of losing the locker room, and the incompetence of the defense and the total failure of his "We're going to build a bully" plan, and I don't see how you can keep him on board.  The franchise needs to be gutted of dead weight and problems from the top down, and I think this was a great first step.  The team needs less ego and rash, brash decision making, not more.  I believe stability is needed, but with the right guy at the helm.  The same thing with  Cleveland.  I liked Mangini there.  I thought he had a legit plan and was making some strides after clearing the dead wood.  Now Holmgren is ruining it all and setting them backward and down a path to failure.  I don't want Oakland to do the same thing.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."