NFL Playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs!?!

Started by CountDeMoney, January 02, 2012, 06:36:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Liep

Tom Hammond doesn't look human, I miss Falkeøje and NFLming, but they haven't commentated the playoffs in years. :(
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

MadBurgerMaker

:blink: Arian Foster needs to calm down.

Quote from: Liep on January 07, 2012, 04:35:12 PM
Tom Hammond doesn't look human, I miss Falkeøje and NFLming, but they haven't commentated the playoffs in years. :(

Yeah he looks really weird.

Neil

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 07, 2012, 04:39:32 PM
:blink: Arian Foster needs to calm down.
Yeah, the Texans as a whole need to calm down.

And yes, that Hammond fellow looks like he's made out of tissue paper and marshmellows.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

I recommend that foster stop fumbling.  Maybe I'll send a text message to Kubiak.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

MadBurgerMaker

Liep

ooooOOOOooooooh, TeeeeeeeEEEEbooow!

(Here's hoping the Savior can keep languish alive through the playoff)
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Neil

Those who doubted the Texans made a mistake.  They dominated the Bengals, top to bottom.

The Saints game was as expected and surprisingly boring.  The Detroit defence didn't make any plays at all, they just allowed Brees to dismantle them.

The Giants beat the Falcons as expected, and Eli can tell the punditry to eat shit.  Sure, I was thinking 'Same old Giants' when the offence was stalling in the beginning, but they really got it together, and the Falcons had yet another postseason meltdown.  That too was expected.

As for the Steelers, well that's a little bit funny.  I was worried about their crippled offence causing them problems, but it turns out that even Tebow will make plays if you play him like he can't throw at all.

Valmy

Quote from: Valmy on January 05, 2012, 03:43:50 PM
Texans
Giants
Steelers
Saints

Well things went basically according to plan except for the Steelers being shelled by long bombs.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Neil on January 09, 2012, 11:53:01 AM
Sure, I was thinking 'Same old Giants' when the offence was stalling in the beginning, but they really got it together, and the Falcons had yet another postseason meltdown. 

The Giants running game, last seen on December 2010 drunk and staggering a couple miles away from Newark Airport, was unexpectedly discovered in the Lost and Found Department of the Port Authority Bus Terminal, and delivered to the Meadowlands just in time for the second quarter.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on January 09, 2012, 11:53:01 AM
Those who doubted the Texans made a mistake.  They dominated the Bengals, top to bottom.

Yep.  Ironically what started me worrying was when the Bengals scored first.  For whatever reason that tends to wake the other team up and then all hell breaks loose.

QuoteThe Saints game was as expected and surprisingly boring.  The Detroit defence didn't make any plays at all, they just allowed Brees to dismantle them.

I would normally prefer seeing the Saints lose, but I needed that game to salvage one correct pick out of the four.

QuoteThe Giants beat the Falcons as expected, and Eli can tell the punditry to eat shit.  Sure, I was thinking 'Same old Giants' when the offence was stalling in the beginning, but they really got it together, and the Falcons had yet another postseason meltdown.  That too was expected.

Most of the stuff I heard last week was overwhelmingly pro-Giants.  I guess I should've remembered not to bet against Eli when the chips are down.

QuoteAs for the Steelers, well that's a little bit funny.  I was worried about their crippled offence causing them problems, but it turns out that even Tebow will make plays if you play him like he can't throw at all.

That was a hell of a game, and I was happy to be wrong in picking the Steelers (in fairness I should get a half point though for saying it'd be close).
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Was pleased to see the Steelheads get beat.  I thought they were going to win right at the end.  They should have tried for a field goal.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017