News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Lonely Planet Top 10 Destinations for 2012

Started by alfred russel, January 01, 2012, 08:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 01, 2012, 09:01:58 PM
Didn't Hillary pay Myanmar a visit recently?

Doesn't that make them all cool and shit now?
They're letting the pro-democracy party stand in the upcoming election aren't they?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 01, 2012, 09:04:04 PM
I refuse to use all these new names.
Indeed.

Peking
Bombay
Calcutta
Rhodesia

Fuck everybody.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Viking

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 01, 2012, 09:03:37 PM

She was lecturing them.  Big difference.

I think the big point of that visit is that the minions of Than Shwe were willing to put up with her visit, lecturing and visiting Aung San Suu Kiy. The SLORC successors seem desperate for the loving care of somebody other than China.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Sheilbh

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 01, 2012, 09:32:44 PM

They're letting the pro-democracy party stand in the upcoming election aren't they?
Yep.  And the visit was very tightly arranged with Aung San Suu Kyi, it wouldn't have happened without her approval.  There's real hope there now and the West needs to start engaging and lifting sanctions. 

Also from what I've heard Greece is always worth a visit.

If I have any money my travel trips this year will take me abroad.  I've not been able to afford travel outside the UK for the past few years.  I've friends I want to visit in the Netherlands and Bosnia so I'll try and get there.  Aside from that I want somewhere warm at some point.  Probably Tunisia or Spain.

If I have no money I'll just break down and end up on some English coast again <_<
Let's bomb Russia!