News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Getting from London to Paris

Started by stjaba, April 30, 2009, 11:57:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

take a bus to dover, walk on the ferry and take a bus to paris.. it will take a full day, but if you are trying to save money...
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Viking on April 30, 2009, 02:54:29 PM
take a bus to dover, walk on the ferry and take a bus to paris.. it will take a full day, but if you are trying to save money...

Not going also works.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Better yet:  Walk to Dover, swim the Channel, walk to Paris.

Cost:  Nothing.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Sheilbh

Quote from: stjaba on April 30, 2009, 02:33:53 PM
Should I buy the ticket now, or wait till it gets closer to the travel day to get a better fare?
Buy now if it's that cheap.  Generally I don't understand Eurostar's pricing (I travelled first class because it was £10 cheaper than standard), but the tickets get more expensive the closer to the day it is you're travelling.
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

I don't think it would cost that much less actually probably £25 or $40-50 on this side of the channel at least :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Warspite

Last time I took Eurostar I was stuck in the tunnel for three hours :ultra:
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on April 30, 2009, 02:55:53 PM
Better yet:  Walk to Dover, swim the Channel, walk to Paris.

Cost:  Nothing.
Now we know who programs the Google map feature!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Habsburg

:huh:

You people don't fly private from London City Centre to Le Bourget?

Neil

Quote from: Habsburg on April 30, 2009, 07:53:28 PM

I shan't be setting foot in France until they restore a monarch.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

syk

Visiting France in style requires track vehicles.

Zanza

Quote from: Martinus on April 30, 2009, 02:11:16 PMYeah. I'm surprised they actually still run flights from London to Paris.
Makes sense for connection flights.

Viking

Quote from: syk on April 30, 2009, 08:07:28 PM
Visiting France in style requires track vehicles.

I dispute that assertion!
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Quote from: Zanza2 on May 01, 2009, 12:29:18 AM
Quote from: Martinus on April 30, 2009, 02:11:16 PMYeah. I'm surprised they actually still run flights from London to Paris.
Makes sense for connection flights.
I thought about it too, but then thought that probably London and Paris both have flights to every place on the planet.

Martinus

Quote from: Habsburg on April 30, 2009, 07:53:28 PM

I think London City airport has been shut down or is in the process of getting shut down.