News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

WoW [General Discussion]

Started by Korea, March 12, 2009, 10:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: katmai on August 10, 2009, 04:54:14 PM
I was thinking of coming back in Sep, but as of right now i have no urge to play.

Might change if Champions online turns out to be a big stinker but for time being that is only MMO i'm thinking about.

Never heard of it. What's it about?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 10, 2009, 04:56:29 PM
I was thinking of coming back in Sep, but as of right now i have no urge to play.

Might change if Champions online turns out to be a big stinker but for time being that is only MMO i'm thinking about.

Never heard of it. What's it about?

It's another super hero MMO, based on the Pen and paper RPG, the MMO is made by cryptic (guys who did City of Heroes)

You are able to customize your powers and after hitting lvl 15 (?) unlock the ability to create and customize your arch nemesis.

following from wiki so take with grain of salt
The game will also have non-combat skills, such as lockpicking and science knowledge. Also, there are travel powers. The confirmed travel powers are swinging on things such as webs or grappling hooks, flying, fire flying, jetboot flying and jumping, hover disks, super jump, super speed, teleportation, acrobatics (fast running, leaps and flips), ice sliding and tunneling.[4]

The game will feature a robust character creation like City of Heroes, including the ability to edit a hero's movement; for instance, a wolf-like hero may opt to leap on all fours rather than on two, a robot may select robotic, jerky movement rather than humanoid, and a mentalist may opt to float inches above the ground rather than walk.[3] The player may also edit the manifestation of their powers, including color and form; for instance, a heat ray may resemble flames or a force field may have a color specified in the editor.[5]

Players will be able to custom design their own arch-nemesis in the same fashion as their own hero (selecting a costume, their powers, their name and history), who will appear throughout their careers. If a player defeats his arch-nemesis permanently, they have the option to create a new one or finish their careers without another arch-nemesis.[3]

One significant difference is the elimination of any character class or archetype system — all characters can take any skill or power equally.[6] The game will also make it easier for a player to spend most of his hero's career as a solo hero if they desire.[3]

The game features a paper-doll inventory system, and items physically appear on the character when equipped; the player may select to remove the item from the visible GUI and still receive the effects from it.[3]

At the character creation screen, players will be able to create their own custom nemesis along with his or her minions. The nemesis will ambush the player throughout the game, and the first meeting is rumored to be at level 25. The level cap is at 40, with special endgame content and gameplay at the cap.[3]
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

I remember thinking it was mighty odd that the creators of City of Heroes would make another superhero MMO.  :huh:

I don't know if "urge to play" was quite the right feeling, but more a "eh lets fire this up for lack of anything better to do", then suddenly a couple hours flew by.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

NCsoft took CoH away from Cryptic.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

katmai

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 10, 2009, 08:42:31 PM
NCsoft took CoH away from Cryptic.

Um no, Cryptic sold CoH to NCsoft.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on August 10, 2009, 01:30:24 PM
For no good reason I started playing WoW over the weekend (hey - it was rainy).

It is a fun game even at lvl 80.  I still have a couple zones of quests I never did, so I've been working on those.  We'll see for how long though - I just can't bring myself to start begging guilds to take me on raids, or to grind daily quests for weeks at a time.  But so far so good.  :)

Well, there is also the third option: heroic dungeons. It is much easier to find PUGs for these (and if you are a healer or a tank, finding a group for a 10-man raid is also a piece of cake), and with the recent changes in 3.2, bosses in heroic dungeons drop emblems which effectively allows you to purchase tier 7 and tier 8 gear from vendors (tier 8 is a Naxx level gear) and, at a much slower rate, Ulduar-level gear. Plus you can always find people willing to go to VoA raids.

Caliga

I still need to run: Nexus.  :blush:

My current main just hit 75.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on August 11, 2009, 07:09:38 AM
I still need to run: Nexus.  :blush:

My current main just hit 75.

n00b
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Korea

My DK = nerfed

Also, I haven't logged on in a long while but when last I logged out I was lelvel 64 or 65...now I am 60...
WTF?
I want my mother fucking points!

Liep

GMs decided you needed to retake a few levels to gain adequate experience. This will occur if you at some point shout rez plx at a healer or various other stupidities like asking a warlock for water.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Jaron

Tier 8 is not Naxx level, its Ulduar 10 man gear.

Naxx is tier 7 and 7.5, Ulduar is 8 and 8.5, and this new trial of the champion(I think) is tier 9.

But since it has 10 man, 10 man heroic, 25 man and 25 man heroic I guess there must be 4 different levels of tier? :P

Tier 9

Tier 9.25

Tier 9.5

Tier 9.99

or something
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Jaron

I looked it up...this is awful.

Tier 9 is called Triumphant..

9.5? "Totally Triumphant" :P

http://www.wowhead.com/?itemset=-189
Winner of THE grumbler point.