News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

WoW [General Discussion]

Started by Korea, March 12, 2009, 10:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 06, 2009, 06:02:26 AM
Good gawd, is there anything hard left in WoW?
They've been pussifying the game since launch almost.  I imagine it's because people whining "it's too hard!  WAAAAAH" are more likely to cancel than people whining "it's too easy!  WAAAAAH" :contract:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

I don't think it's hard vs. easy, but rather the fact that if you are leveling your Nth alt, you can't be arsed to do the same mindless grind over and over.

That is why I think solutions like this one (or anything involving BoA items) is a good idea. People who are leveling their first character need to do the full monty, but if you are leveling an alt, it is easier.

Only the retards who cry about "welfare epics" and the like would be bothered by this stuff.

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Jaron

The problem before was that a very few select players were the only ones able to see the end game stuff. Players who played casually or even just not hard core generally didn't get to see bosses like Kael'thas or Illidan.

The changes now mean about every player can see Kel'thuzad or Arthas, but the hard modes help those players who really dedicate themselves to raiding and being the best still having access to the best gear in the game.

A fair compromise. :)
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Fate

Yes, the bleeding edge of raid progression is still challenging. Only twelve guilds in the world killed Yogg-Saron 0 Watcher before the 3.2 patch.

Caliga

I just don't see why any of this shit matters to Blizz.  They don't care if you find the game challenging or not challenging... they care if you pay the monthly fee so they can continue to gross $1.98 billion annually.

KRonn

Quote from: Martinus on August 06, 2009, 02:58:52 AM
For those leveling an alt and now starting in Northrend, there is an important change to flying that I only discovered because people told me about it.

Essentially, until now you could only buy Cold Weather Flying (the skill that allows you to fly in Northrend) for yourself when you hit level 77.

Now, at level 77 you can buy a Bind-on-Account book (price is the same - 1000 gold) that teaches Cold Weather Flying (one use only) BUT that can be used by a character as low as level 68.

So this means that if you already have one level 77 character, you can buy it for your 68+ character and teach him to fly in Northrend.

Coupled with the fact that the slow flying mount was buffed from 80% to 150% speed, this makes leveling in Northrend much faster and easier.

My orc (hit level 74 this morning) is cutting through quests in Borean Tundra like a hot knife through butter.  :cool:
Yeah, that's a pretty helpful change. The flight speed of the non-epic mount was so slow.

Some other minor interface changes include being able to see a comparison of gear vs gear you're wearing. Just hold the shift key down on an item in your bag. Hold the cursor over an item shows the vendor price. You can store gear setups/changes for a character, though I haven't tried it out yet. Some other small but helpful stuff like that.

Liep

The new equipment manager is delightful.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Caliga

Quote from: KRonn on August 07, 2009, 09:57:51 AM
Some other minor interface changes include being able to see a comparison of gear vs gear you're wearing. Just hold the shift key down on an item in your bag. Hold the cursor over an item shows the vendor price. You can store gear setups/changes for a character, though I haven't tried it out yet. Some other small but helpful stuff like that.
Yes, that change is INCREDIBLY helpful.  :cool:

Jaron

Quote from: Caliga on August 07, 2009, 06:51:03 AM
I just don't see why any of this shit matters to Blizz.  They don't care if you find the game challenging or not challenging... they care if you pay the monthly fee so they can continue to gross $1.98 billion annually.

I think it does matter to them. A lot of the people who create the raid dungeons are former mmo players themselves and so its kind of a labor of love. The balance has been between catering to players who want to feel like they're in an elite and able to do whatever is thrown at them and players who want to be able to see all the end game dungeons but don't have 5 hours a night for several nights in a row to work at it.

The guild I am in raids 5 days a week, but I didn't like it so I'm not raiding anymore. I just do it casually. :P

Strix

Quote from: Jaron on August 07, 2009, 05:51:46 PM
The guild I am in raids 5 days a week, but I didn't like it so I'm not raiding anymore. I just do it casually. :P

That you're in a guild capable of raiding just further demonstrates how far WoW has fallen and how easy it has become.  :D
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Jaron

Quote from: Strix on August 08, 2009, 12:53:47 AM

That you're in a guild capable of raiding just further demonstrates how far WoW has fallen and how easy it has become.  :D

:huh:

Don't be silly.

Strix

Quote from: Jaron on August 08, 2009, 01:00:10 AM
Quote from: Strix on August 08, 2009, 12:53:47 AM

:huh:

Don't be silly.

It can't be helped. Just finished watching last 7 episodes of Harper's Island in a row. So a tad punch drunk.  ;)
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Barrister

For no good reason I started playing WoW over the weekend (hey - it was rainy).

It is a fun game even at lvl 80.  I still have a couple zones of quests I never did, so I've been working on those.  We'll see for how long though - I just can't bring myself to start begging guilds to take me on raids, or to grind daily quests for weeks at a time.  But so far so good.  :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

I was thinking of coming back in Sep, but as of right now i have no urge to play.

Might change if Champions online turns out to be a big stinker but for time being that is only MMO i'm thinking about.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son