News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

WoW [General Discussion]

Started by Korea, March 12, 2009, 10:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strix

Of course I get some free time and the login server is down from my area.  :mad:
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Korea

So, why doesn't my questhelper show up anymore? Do I need to do something in the addons folder or what?
I want my mother fucking points!

Caliga

Quote from: Korea on April 17, 2009, 10:14:32 AM
So, why doesn't my questhelper show up anymore? Do I need to do something in the addons folder or what?

Get the newest version... he's updated it for patch 3.1
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Korea

Barrister

Just reached 41 on my ally druid.

Had only been playing to play with my wife, but as I'm hitting 40 or so it's really getting fun.  I've only ever had one ally character at a high level (hit 43 with a lock way back on Dalaran), so I'm doing some quests that I only did 4 years ago, and will soon hit quests I've never done before.

:)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

I hate to say this but I really do think the Alliance quests are better done, at least in WoW classic.  I didn't notice as big a difference in Outlands/BC and I have yet to do Alliance in Northrend (but the Horde-specific quests there are great IMO).

Martinus

yeah it's true, although quests are definitely worse anyway in the classic.

Caliga

Definitely... but with the Horde there are more quests that are like "lol here's a bullshit thin premise, now go kill 100 animals to gather 10 random animal body parts for me"

Grey Fox

There's also, in classic, around 200 more alliance quests.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 21, 2009, 05:06:18 PM

Really?  Did not know that.  Overall it always felt to me like Blizzard put more work into the Alliance in general.  I think the Alliance cities *look* better, for example, though I appreciate the more imaginative concept design that went into the Horde ones.

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on April 21, 2009, 05:23:04 PM

Really?  Did not know that.  Overall it always felt to me like Blizzard put more work into the Alliance in general.  I think the Alliance cities *look* better, for example, though I appreciate the more imaginative concept design that went into the Horde ones.

Except that Silvermoon beats Exodar about 100 different ways...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on April 21, 2009, 07:55:49 PM
Quote from: Caliga on April 21, 2009, 05:23:04 PM

Except that Silvermoon beats Exodar about 100 different ways...
I think Cal is talking mainly about vanilla. Stormwind is definitely better developed than Orgrimmar, for example. And I don't mean design/outlook - there are many more NPCs - the city seems to be "living" more.

Caliga

Quote from: Martinus on April 23, 2009, 10:46:08 AMI think Cal is talking mainly about vanilla. Stormwind is definitely better developed than Orgrimmar, for example. And I don't mean design/outlook - there are many more NPCs - the city seems to be "living" more.

:yes:

I find Orgrimmar to be completely unimpressive... considering the fact that it's supposed to be the Horde 'Capital' I'm shocked at how crappy it is.  IMO it's the worst Horde city.  Silvermoon is the best but that's understandable since it was developed later.  I would rank them: Silvermoon, Thunder Bluff, Lordaeron, Orgrimmar.  Lordaeron loses points because accessing it is too inefficient (though the abandoned throne room and stuff is cool the first time you see it).

Korea

Well, I'm finally playing again.

Caliga