News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

WoW [General Discussion]

Started by Korea, March 12, 2009, 10:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lndhand

@ Strixx -- hit up Celebrial for a guild invite.  I spoke to her last night.   :D
The biggest thing I blame Bush for is Obama.

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Liep

Cataclysm class changes to be revealed starting tomorrow:

QuoteBeginning Wednesday, April 7 we will begin releasing class previews containing an overview of some of the changes currently being planned for each of the 10 World of Warcraft classes. The type of information you can expect from these posts are a list of the new spells from 80-85, the new passive mastery bonuses for all talent trees, a brief outline of some of the talent changes we're currently planning, and in some cases new low level spells for select classes.

These changes will by no means be comprehensive, and are subject to change between now and the launch of the expansion. It's also important to understand that some classes are currently further along in the development process than others, and as a result the amount of information will vary from class to class. Please do not let this frustrate you should your class be amongst those which are on the "lighter" side of things, as all classes will receive the same level of design attention before the expansion is released. Additionally we'll be providing more information for all classes, especially as we move into the beta phase.

Below is the schedule for each class:

* Shaman - April 7
    * Priest - April 7
    * Warlock - April 7

* Warrior - April 8
    * Death Knight - April 8
    * Rogue - April 8

* Hunter - April 9
    * Druid - April 9
    * Mage - April 9

* Paladin - April 16*

These posts are being coordinated internationally so they'll be posted at different times throughout the day and night on the given dates to give players around the world the ability to see posts made at a convenient time. This thread will be updated with links directly to each class preview as they're posted.

*The paladin is still deep in development. Instead of giving a preview that would be potentially less comprehensive than the other classes we made the decision to post it when it's ready, in order to properly honor the paladin class and those that play them. The wait isn't too long however as we're expecting to be able to post it on April 16.

Will be interesting to see how much they actually have changed in the talent trees.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Berkut

I predict that the Paladin will be OP.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Eddie Teach

They've been saying the pally is in for nerfs, or at least protection spec.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Rogue and warrior buffs/modifications are sweet. Finally no more Heroic Strike "on next swing" mechanic.  :rolleyes:

Eddie Teach

Martinus

I also love the warlock changes. I may go back to my lock as it makes them a very interesting class (sorta like DKs with their special resource).

Eddie Teach

Mages get bloodlust, frost trap and an orb that shoots fire. Hohum.

Druids get an ae bleed for feral and an ae mushroom for balance. People have already started calling them "shroomkin."

Liep

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 10, 2010, 02:52:35 AM
Mages get bloodlust, frost trap and an orb that shoots fire. Hohum.

Druids get an ae bleed for feral and an ae mushroom for balance. People have already started calling them "shroomkin."

A thirty yard long frost trap that is. And a great ball of fire, oh dear.

Also, I welcome a new button to press instead of just swipe spam for my druid.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

So I just got an e-mail from "Blizzard Entertainment" claiming that I am trying to sell my account.  :hmm:

katmai

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 23, 2011, 12:59:26 AM
So I just got an e-mail from "Blizzard Entertainment" claiming that I am trying to sell my account.  :hmm:

Heh i get those all the time...
the catch is they are sent to email account that has never been associated with my WoW account.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Liep

And they link to websites with no affiliation to Blizzard. :P

Grey Fox

or to domain that don't actually exist.

The trick? When Blizzard sends you an email, a real email. It always starts by Dear [your first name].
It's no guarantee but it's the first sign.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

KRonn

I got an email recently that said someone had complained about me and my account could be in jeopardy if I didn't respond with the link provided. I figured it was one of the scams going around. It seemed a pretty decently well done scam, so the scammers are probably putting on a good facade. I contacted a Blizzard Game Manager in game to ask about it and the response was not to worry, it was a scam that happens all the time.