News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

WoW [General Discussion]

Started by Korea, March 12, 2009, 10:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Korea

Quote from: Barrister on January 14, 2010, 07:39:20 PM
While I'm sure Korea looks very nice in the nude, it would just be... awkward to get nude photos from her.  If she were to offer, I would have to decline. -_-

Oh, what a gentleman! ^_^
I want my mother fucking points!

Caliga

While I'm sure Korea looks very nice in the nude, it would just be... awkward to get nude photos from her.  If she were to offer, I would have to decline. -_-
...but would you still send the WoW cash in that case? :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on January 14, 2010, 07:42:03 PM
...but would you still send the WoW cash in that case? :)

I am both a gentleman, and lazy.

So no.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

*shrug* I tried.  Sorry, toots.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Korea

I want my mother fucking points!

crazy canuck

Since BB is a gentleman and a gentleman never tells I think we can assume that in fact Korea has indeed sent her photos and BB has already sent her the gold.

Eddie Teach

Recent achievements-
Mage- The Black Temple(kill Illidan)
Druid- For the Horde(kill alliance leaders)
Paladin- Alterac Valley All-Star(gy cap, tower cap, gy defense, tower defense, kill in fos, same battle)
Priest- Iron Man(3 flag caps in WSG, 0 deaths)

Gonna pretend anybody cares cause I felt like posting 'em. :P Got the AV one 5 minutes ago.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Strix

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 17, 2010, 04:36:47 PM
Recent achievements-
Mage- The Black Temple(kill Illidan)
Druid- For the Horde(kill alliance leaders)
Paladin- Alterac Valley All-Star(gy cap, tower cap, gy defense, tower defense, kill in fos, same battle)
Priest- Iron Man(3 flag caps in WSG, 0 deaths)

Gonna pretend anybody cares cause I felt like posting 'em. :P Got the AV one 5 minutes ago.

Grats!

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Strix

Ironically, I think the new Dungeon Finder system will destroy the current guild system as it now stands. It will be interesting to see what emerges. People now longer run instances with people from their own server which makes it almost impossible to find recruits.

My guess is that high end raiding guilds will survive because they are pretty much gear based anyways, so finding new members won't be as difficult.  Social guilds will most certainly end up vanishing. Guilds made up of friends may survive but they will be unable to morph into anything bigger.

In my opinion it's becoming less of an MMO and more of a lot of people playing a single player game that just happens to have other people on the server.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Eddie Teach

I dunno. The anonymity of the lfg tool is rather unsatisfying at times even for me. I'm sure socially-oriented players will still find people to play with regularly.

BTW, anyone know if the next expansion will allow non-belf horde pallies?

Barrister

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 17, 2010, 05:54:54 PM

It will.  The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Tauren Pallies, but I think there are one or two others.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Strix on January 17, 2010, 05:46:06 PM
Ironically, I think the new Dungeon Finder system will destroy the current guild system as it now stands. It will be interesting to see what emerges. People now longer run instances with people from their own server which makes it almost impossible to find recruits.

My guess is that high end raiding guilds will survive because they are pretty much gear based anyways, so finding new members won't be as difficult.  Social guilds will most certainly end up vanishing. Guilds made up of friends may survive but they will be unable to morph into anything bigger.

In my opinion it's becoming less of an MMO and more of a lot of people playing a single player game that just happens to have other people on the server.
I could see it being a boon for RP servers.  You can now have guilds based around ideas and storylines rather than be forced to make guilds that are raid capable.  On regular servers though, I think you're right.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Eddie Teach

You guys realize the dungeon finder is only for 5-mans, right? People are still going to raid with guild groups or pickup groups from their server.

Jaron

Quote from: Barrister on January 17, 2010, 05:57:21 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 17, 2010, 05:54:54 PM

It will.  The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Tauren Pallies, but I think there are one or two others.

Its just going to be blood elves and tauren.

The Dungeon Finder System doesn't really affect the guild system that much. Those who want to push end game raid content can't rely on it. In order to get the harder stuff down (heroic modes) you really need a steady roster of 10/25 people hitting the bricks every week. I am unsure if theres a raid random dungeon finder but I imagine it'd be highly ineffective against Ice crown raid content.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Martinus

Indeed. In fact, it will arguably make it easier for people to join raid guilds, because now they can get decent gear to raid by doing the randoms in LFG system and then apply, rather than having to rely on guildies to boost them.