Main Menu

WoW [General Discussion]

Started by Korea, March 12, 2009, 10:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Korea

Quote from: Barrister on October 14, 2009, 11:56:59 AM
Quote from: Caliga on October 14, 2009, 11:48:35 AM
You buy it with 25 Champion Seals.

There are so many pretty doo-dads you can buy with those Seals, butI'm getting so very tired of running those dailies... :unsure:

So, the only way to get champion seals is by doing daily quest? And you don't start those until you're really high level?
I want my mother fucking points!

katmai

I do believe that to be correct.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Liep

Quote from: Korea on October 14, 2009, 11:20:12 PM
So, the only way to get champion seals is by doing daily quest? And you don't start those until you're really high level?

And by doing Trial of the Champion in heroic mode.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Korea

Quote from: Liep on October 15, 2009, 04:44:11 AM
Quote from: Korea on October 14, 2009, 11:20:12 PM

And by doing Trial of the Champion in heroic mode.

Oh. So do you get like one seal for every daily or is it harder than that? Are there a lot of dailies to do?
I want my mother fucking points!

Caliga

Quote from: Korea on October 15, 2009, 09:55:48 AM
Oh. So do you get like one seal for every daily or is it harder than that? Are there a lot of dailies to do?
No, you can earn more than that (up to five IIRC), plus random additional seals as part of your reward for turning the quests in.  I got one of those yesterday which enabled me to get the magic chainsaw a day earlier than I thought I would.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on October 15, 2009, 10:59:39 AM
Quote from: Korea on October 15, 2009, 09:55:48 AM
No, you can earn more than that (up to five IIRC), plus random additional seals as part of your reward for turning the quests in.  I got one of those yesterday which enabled me to get the magic chainsaw a day earlier than I thought I would.

If you hit exalted with all 5 faction cities, become a champion of all 5 cities, it opens up additional daily quests for seals.  I can earn around 10 per day if I do them all.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

Oh right, I forgot about those (the one where you rescue that Reckless guy from the Cult of the Damned compound, right?)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Jaron

I think with dailies + H ToC you can earn 13 a day.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Liep

Hallow's End started, again. Surprisingly it's just as annoying this year.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Barrister

Quote from: Liep on October 17, 2009, 07:15:08 PM

I rather like this holiday.  :huh:

Until now - I had previously done many of the accomplishments, and yesterday finished all but one.  I need a sinister squashling to finish.  But that's entirely dependent on the RNG.

So now I have to try and log on once an hour to trick or treat and try and get one in a loot bag, plus kill the Headless Horseman over and over, hope that it drops, then hope I win the roll. 

Grey Fox

I have been playing different single player games in the past 2 weeks & I've come to the realization that WoW is really superior to a lot of those games.

Even a replay thru D2 couldn't hold my attention. Borderlands' this week but it looks a little boring & ModernWarfare 2 is still 3 weeks away. Gawd, I need the internet.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Barrister on October 19, 2009, 11:41:23 AM

Until now - I had previously done many of the accomplishments, and yesterday finished all but one.  I need a sinister squashling to finish.  But that's entirely dependent on the RNG.

So now I have to try and log on once an hour to trick or treat and try and get one in a loot bag, plus kill the Headless Horseman over and over, hope that it drops, then hope I win the roll.

18 HH kills.  1 squashling drop, not won by me.  Similar number of loot bags, no squashling.

<_<

KRonn

Quote from: Barrister on October 21, 2009, 03:22:42 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 19, 2009, 11:41:23 AM

18 HH kills.  1 squashling drop, not won by me.  Similar number of loot bags, no squashling.

<_<
I got the squashling on one, or maybe two, characters. Have the broom on two characters. And I haven't really done HH all that often. But rotating 3 characters through certainly ups the odds.