Arming a 'sectarian army'? US pushes ahead with $11 billion Iraq weapons deal

Started by jimmy olsen, December 29, 2011, 05:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on December 29, 2011, 08:22:41 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 29, 2011, 02:48:03 PM
And I STILL don't have my oil. I want some oil, dammit.
Yeah, I forgot about that... weren't we supposed to rape Iraq of its resources?  I mean, what else was the fucking point of all that shit? :hmm:

We did get a good Saddam snuff video. And his D&D art.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on December 29, 2011, 03:53:26 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on December 29, 2011, 10:06:19 AM
At least the defense industry has profited from the invasion of Iraq.

Problem with this is, many on the left, the right wing fringe and most conspiracy nutbars, won't get the joke, they think that really is how the world works; "see America went to war so they can make huge profits from arms sales", they don't get that Iraq has been a foreign policy disaster for the US and it's pissed away huge quantities of imperial treasure in the process.

They just see the headline and equate starting/fighting wars with how has USA come to dominate the world.

Thousands of American and allied soldiers dead, hundreds of millions of dollars unaccounted for by Iraqi corruption and contractor malfeasance, the strategic political realignment of the region in favor of Tehran, the perpetuation of the myth that Iraq had something to do with 9/11, international credibility for direct intervention for real nonproliferation threats totally pissed away with manufactured bullshit, and the best part is nobody will ever go to jail.

Ideologue

We collapsed a fascist government.  Everything else is pretty tangential.

(Except for not properly funding it. -_- )
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 30, 2011, 12:05:21 AMThousands of American and allied soldiers dead, hundreds of millions of dollars unaccounted for by Iraqi corruption and contractor malfeasance, the strategic political realignment of the region in favor of Tehran, the perpetuation of the myth that Iraq had something to do with 9/11, international credibility for direct intervention for real nonproliferation threats totally pissed away with manufactured bullshit, and the best part is nobody will ever go to jail.

Now, now. Let's not be so pessimistic. The overemotional gay soldier who told all of this to wikileaks will probably go to jail. :)

Martinus

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on December 30, 2011, 03:51:07 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 30, 2011, 12:05:21 AMThousands of American and allied soldiers dead, hundreds of millions of dollars unaccounted for by Iraqi corruption and contractor malfeasance, the strategic political realignment of the region in favor of Tehran, the perpetuation of the myth that Iraq had something to do with 9/11, international credibility for direct intervention for real nonproliferation threats totally pissed away with manufactured bullshit, and the best part is nobody will ever go to jail.

Now, now. Let's not be so pessimistic. The overemotional gay soldier who told all of this to wikileaks will probably go to jail. :)

Let's hear it for little victories.

If he had half a brain, he'd know we already knew all of this by watching Bill Maher.

Neil

See, now here's the problem.  Manning is going to jail, but he's not going to get the execution that he most richly deserves.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Zoupa

Quote from: derspiess on December 29, 2011, 10:24:09 AM
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Damned because the folks in charge of OIF were totally fucking clueless in 03-04.

LET'S DISBAND THE IRAQI ARMY

LULZ OK

Your Arkansas boys will be back within 15 years to get torn up in the sand. Again.

Neil

Quote from: Zoupa on December 30, 2011, 08:19:06 PM
Your Arkansas boys will be back within 15 years to get torn up in the sand. Again.
I rather doubt it.  The Crash pretty much ended the US as a world power.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ideologue

It doesn't cost anything to turn a city into trinitite though.  I'm just throwing it out as an option.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on December 30, 2011, 10:10:49 PM
It doesn't cost anything to turn a city into trinitite though.  I'm just throwing it out as an option.
That's actually rather expensive.

citizen k

It would cost the U.S. the respect of Europe and the rest of the world community.

sbr

Quote from: citizen k on December 31, 2011, 01:30:13 AM

It would cost the U.S. the respect of Europe and the rest of the world community.

Do we have any of that anymore?

Neil

Quote from: citizen k on December 31, 2011, 01:30:13 AM
They don't have that.