CountDeMoney

Even your trolling is fucking polite.
Fucking Brits.  :rolleyes:

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 28, 2011, 09:13:16 PM
Even your trolling is fucking polite.
Fucking Brits.  :rolleyes:

:lol:

Though in a unconscious salute to you and my American friends, I have been rather over using the term "batshit insane", it just seems the most appropriate term to use in connection with some of the posts. :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Ideologue on December 28, 2011, 08:13:22 PM
Everything I say is 100% correct and heartfelt.

Don't be so hard on yourself.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Josquius

Never really. Well, not since I was 12 or somesuch.
██████
██████
██████

sbr

Quote from: mongers on December 28, 2011, 09:10:44 PM
Actually am I trolling that facebook group, when someone posts a link to a LaRouche video about impending thermonuclear war what is an appropriate reply ? :unsure:

This better not be that same retard talking about Jews and banks or whatever.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

Quote from: sbr on December 28, 2011, 11:35:51 PM
Actually am I trolling that facebook group, when someone posts a link to a LaRouche video about impending thermonuclear war what is an appropriate reply ? :unsure:

^_^
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

sbr

Quote from: Ideologue on December 29, 2011, 01:47:23 AM
Quote from: sbr on December 28, 2011, 11:35:51 PM

^_^

:)

Martinus

Quote from: mongers on December 28, 2011, 08:36:37 PM
Quote from: PDH on December 28, 2011, 08:26:53 PM
Define "troll"

What do you mean by 'define' ?

I kinda agree that whether I troll, for example, depends on the definition.

I tend to use hyperbole/embellish my arguments by saying often outrageous stuff but something that is still in line with my overall worldview (even if it is an extreme, almost caricatural form of it).

On the other hand, I do not deliberately take stances opposite to my own to get a reaction.

Would you consider both things to be trolling or only the latter.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on December 28, 2011, 09:15:39 PM
Though in a unconscious salute to you and my American friends, I have been rather over using the term "batshit insane",

It probably even sounds more polite than it is. AS I WAS TELLING MY MAN BUSKERS THIS MORNING SHES RATHER BATSHIT INSANE I'D SAY

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 29, 2011, 06:16:49 AM
Quote from: mongers on December 28, 2011, 09:15:39 PM
Though in a unconscious salute to you and my American friends, I have been rather over using the term "batshit insane",

It probably even sounds more polite than it is. AS I WAS TELLING MY MAN BUSKERS THIS MORNING SHES RATHER BATSHIT INSANE I'D SAY

:D

mongers

Sadly my heart isn't in the trolling, I signed out of the group, I can't be arsed; guess I'll have to hang around here instead.  :P

derspiess

I guess I've sort of half-trolled on occasion, where I state my position a little more radically than it really is to see if it sets anyone off.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Richard Hakluyt

I mercilessly trolled a chap at a upmarket wedding I went to c.1985 in Surrey.

He was a City type looking forward to the "Big Bang" of 1986; he strutted forward (impeccably dressed) and started boasting about his millions, I was slightly peeved..............there were many unemployed at that time...............but instead of getting cross I joined in, boasted about the vast sums I'd made in the City and advocated extermination camps for the poor.

It was all good fun, he was almost certainly trolling as well  :cool:

mongers

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on December 29, 2011, 07:04:46 PM
I mercilessly trolled a chap at a upmarket wedding I went to c.1985 in Surrey.

He was a City type looking forward to the "Big Bang" of 1986; he strutted forward (impeccably dressed) and started boasting about his millions, I was slightly peeved..............there were many unemployed at that time...............but instead of getting cross I joined in, boasted about the vast sums I'd made in the City and advocated extermination camps for the poor.

It was all good fun, he was almost certainly trolling as well  :cool:

:D

Funnily enough, the year following the big bang, I found myself working in a large multi-national investment bank; I lasted 4 1/2 days, the people were rather dull, your character above might have enlivened the place up a bit.