Christmas Mass Bombed In Nigeria - Mass Casulties

Started by jimmy olsen, December 25, 2011, 05:06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Peace on Earth and good will toward men. :(

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45786378/ns/world_news-africa/#.Tvb059VKR5c
QuoteExplosion rips through church near Nigeria capital
Official: Not enough ambulances to deal with dead and injured after blast hits during services marking Christmas

msnbc.com staff and news service reports
updated 36 minutes ago

breaking news

ABUJA — An explosion ripped through a Catholic church during Christmas Mass near Nigeria's capital Sunday, causing unknown injuries amid a wave of sectarian attacks targeting Africa's most populous nation.

The precise number of dead and wounded in the blast was not immediately available.

"Yes, I can confirm to you that there has been a bomb blast in a church in Madala," National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) spokesman Yushau Shuaibu told Reuters by telephone.

"We are presently there, evacuating the dead and the injured, but unfortunately we don't have enough ambulances. Most of our ambulances have gone to operate on the major highways of the country," he added.

The blast in St Theresa's Church in Madala, an Abuja suburb blew out windows of at least one house nearby, a witness said.

Rose Adoga, who lives nearby told Reuters by telephone there was a huge explosion from the direction of the church. She added that "the blast destroyed the windows of my home."

A witness on a local radio station calling himself Paul said he was inside St Theresa's Church in the Madala district when a bomb went off in the middle of the church, according to Reuters.
Story: Clashes between sect, police kill 61 in Nigeria
Advertise | AdChoices

The explosion comes amid a wave of attacks in Nigeria by a radical Muslim sect known as Boko Haram. In the last year, the sect has carried out increasingly bloody attacks in its campaign to implement strict Shariah law across Nigeria, a nation of more than 160 million people with a largely Christian south and a Muslim north.

Previously, Boko Haram has been blamed for other bombings in Niger state, including attacks on an election office, a political rally and a church.

The sect is responsible for at least 465 killings this year alone, according to an Associated Press count.

This is a breaking news story. Please check back for details.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Fucking catholic church in Nigeria lobbied earlier this year for a law that would make it a crime to work for or support a human rights organization that concerned itself with gay rights (five years prison for someone arguing in favor of gay marriage or decriminalization of homosexual sex, too).

So burn in hell motherfuckers. Hopefully it was painful and searing.

Edit: corrected typos

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on December 25, 2011, 05:16:33 AM
Fucking catholic church in Nigeria lobbied earlier this year for a law that would make it a crime to work for or support a human right organization that concerned itself with gay rights (five years prison for someone arguing in favor of gay marriage or decriminalization of homosexual sex, too).

So burn in hell motherfuckers. Hope it was painful and searing.

but they eat da poopoo

Martinus

CountDeMoney

Fucking catholic church in Nigeria lobbied earlier this year for a law that would make it a crime to work for or support a human rights organization that concerned itself with gay rights (five years prison for someone arguing in favor of gay marriage or decriminalization of homosexual sex, too).

:lol: Right, because the Muslims there are so much more forward-thinking when it comes to you cock-nibbling AIDS buckets.

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 25, 2011, 06:40:23 AM

:lol: Right, because the Muslims there are so much more forward-thinking when it comes to you cock-nibbling AIDS buckets.

Oh I never claimed that. But when two sides who hate you begin to kill each other, you can only cheer on from the sidelines.  :P

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on December 25, 2011, 06:55:33 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 25, 2011, 06:40:23 AM
Oh I never claimed that. But when two sides who hate you begin to kill each other, you can only cheer on from the sidelines.  :P
To be fair, you guys want to kill them even more than they hate you.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on December 25, 2011, 07:27:12 PM
To be fair, you guys want to kill them even more than they hate you.

This is true;  fags bitching about intolerance with Catholics and Mooselimbs is a lot of black kettles.

DGuller

jimmy olsen

Quote from: DGuller on December 25, 2011, 08:30:53 PM
Timmy deserves a :bleeding: for the pun in the title.
:lol: I only noticed the pun after I wrote it, it wasn't intentional.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Darth Wagtaros

Marty plans to bring peace to Nigeria by giving them a common enemy.
PDH!