News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hack/Crawl an AAR

Started by Eddie Teach, December 21, 2011, 07:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

http://www.kongregate.com/games/Void/hack-slash-crawl

This is a nifty little dungeon crawl game. No saves so you can't close your browser while playing. Permadeath too. Here goes.

Character select screen, I choose Kitilid Lightwielder. Kitilids get racial dot abilities baseline(Swarm and Massive Swarm). Lightwielders get heals. These abilities can be gotten by other races and classes with a piece of armor though. I have titles from previous games that allow me to get +5 str/int and +3 will/stam.

First floor: Uneventful. Lots of headless skeletons and darwin fish. Taken out easily with my swarms and sword/axe. Leveled up once. Put 1 point in stam, 2 in willpower, 1 in int. My plan is to put a point in stam per level and balance will & int while ignoring strength.

Second floor: Got a fish of luck. As my weapon sucks and I don't rely on melee damage anyway, I'm equipping this sucker... Ok, not such a good idea, going back to the axe. Loot so far- a hat that gives me entangle + stats, a ring that gives me charge + stats, an axe that gives critical strike + stats, boots with a bunch of strength and lots of crap.

Third floor: Got a sword with ignite(magus baseline ability). Good spell for pulling, as it doesn't make you run at the mob if it's not an insta kill.

Fourth floor: First spotting of fire skeletons. They're a minor pain for a magus, but swarm takes them out well enough.

Fifth floor: First spotting of the little balls full of electricity. They can hurt, so gotta be ready to cast heal. Got a ring that gives me vine field(an ae root spell). Vine field + massive swarm could probably make for some fast clearing for someone less chicken than me...

Sixth floor: Have I mentioned how much I like Sanctify? A ring of healing that heals you if you're standing in it, great for boss killing. Baseline for lightwielders.

Seventh floor: Teddy bears and teddy bear skeletons. They hurt and my swarms don't kill them very fast. Getting lot of use out of sanctify.

Eighth floor: AAAAARRRRGHHHHHHH. I'm dead. Fell into a tiny room with the boss's room the only exit, so there was little room to kite. The boss was one of those rock guys that like to knock you out of your healy ring.  <_< And he had that thing that looks like a robot with goggles with him. Never killed one of those.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

Fun.

I had a Demon Wandered, got 8th floor(maybe 9 unsure) & earn 36k of wealth + the devastating title.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

This game gets pretty repetitive after the tenth floor or so. No new creature types, no challenge once you've got your resists/armor/stamina up. They should have just made an end boss IMO.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

szmik

it's fun for 15 minutes or so 
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.