Polish court's ruling: A sikh vs. airport security checks

Started by Martinus, December 21, 2011, 11:51:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on December 28, 2011, 06:47:32 PM
Quote from: Martinus on December 28, 2011, 06:44:29 PM
We are not British or Italian, thank God. If we were, we would have a recession or be on the verge of bankruptcy, respectively.

Yes, clearly recession is linked to not having security guards waste time hand-checking sikh headgear. :)

Well, we don't waste money on idiocy, as I have already pointed out. :)

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Martinus on December 28, 2011, 06:48:12 PM
We are not British or Italian, thank God. If we were, we would have a recession or be on the verge of bankruptcy, respectively.

Yes, clearly recession is linked to not having security guards waste time hand-checking sikh headgear. :)

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

garbon

Apparently you do though. Those countries have decided to let Sikhs through the metal detector - Poland is busy wasting time hand-checking the head garments. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on December 28, 2011, 06:50:26 PM

Dammit, we have a Jesus statue gap!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

Touche. But that monstrosity was built from private donations, not taxpayer money. :P

Martinus

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 28, 2011, 06:52:46 PM

Dammit, we have a Jesus statue gap!

Stop stealing from Stephen Colbert. :P

Martinus

And seriously, if you guys are going to attack my alleged bigotry by pointing out idiocy of Polish catholics, you really should stop already. I'm the last person to defend the "freedom of religion" of these retards.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on December 28, 2011, 06:54:35 PM
And seriously, if you guys are going to attack my alleged bigotry by pointing out idiocy of Polish catholics, you really should stop already. I'm the last person to defend the "freedom of religion" of these retards.

Actually I think it might stem from you trying to play up Poland's common sense when you just recently beat back against by British and Italian examples.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Solmyr

Quote from: garbon on December 28, 2011, 01:31:00 PM
I don't think so. You seem to focus on the state making accommodations if they possibly have the resources (which cash strapped States tend not to have) whereas I think the state should always make reasonable accommodations available...especially in cases where acccomodations are already available but just need to be added to protocol.

Sorry we only respect your religion if not busy isn't the freedom of religion, I'd want to have.

We respect your religion but it's your own and nobody else's business, is the freedom of religion I'd want to have.

Razgovory

Quote from: Solmyr on December 28, 2011, 08:01:19 PM
I don't think so. You seem to focus on the state making accommodations if they possibly have the resources (which cash strapped States tend not to have) whereas I think the state should always make reasonable accommodations available...especially in cases where acccomodations are already available but just need to be added to protocol.

Sorry we only respect your religion if not busy isn't the freedom of religion, I'd want to have.

We respect your religion but it's your own and nobody else's business, is the freedom of religion I'd want to have.

Actually, do you really respect other people's religion?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

I do.

"Respect" in this context means "do not actively use violence to change," right?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Quote from: Ideologue on December 28, 2011, 08:12:09 PM
I do.

"Respect" in this context means "do not actively use violence to change," right?

I would use "tolerate" for that context.  Other basic freedoms such as freedom of speech or freedom of assembly can be terribly inconvenient, as many people found with the "occupy" protests.  However, I don't think people would be keen on saying that we respect your freedom to protest the government so long as you do it in your home away from the public.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

That sounds like you can say whatever you want as long as you keep it to yourself.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on December 28, 2011, 08:48:45 PM

That sounds like you can say whatever you want as long as you keep it to yourself.

Don't ask, don't tell.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.