Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

The Brain

I'm not much of a man by the light of day. :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Razgovory on December 29, 2011, 08:20:23 AM
I've only see the version with Harrison Ford's voice overs.  I heard there was a version where those were taken out, which is good, cause they sucked.

That would be the director's cut.  In the DC, the final shot is the one with Deckard, the paper crane, and his eyes having the glowing reflection that they use to set the replicants apart from the other characters.

I don't get the hatred of the ending monologue, though.  The whole movie was supposed to have a pseudo-film noir feel, and I always felt like the monologue hammered that home.
Experience bij!

Razgovory

I just didn't think the voice overs were that well done.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017