News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars The Old Republic Roll Call

Started by Berkut, December 20, 2011, 09:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

I'm not sure how it works, but if you use a referral link you get 7 days of subscriber access free and some goodies.

This is mine:  http://www.swtor.com/r/T8tlVD

schaksen

The pink markers for the main quest are horrid.
Formerly known as Gumby, this was/is my pdx nick

celedhring

I love how all the Imperials speak in brit accent  :bowler:, and within the game it's explicitly said that's the accent of the "native" regions of the Sith empire.

Syt

There's one Imperial NPC speaking with a generic American accent, and there's a dialogue option saying, "You don't sound like an Imperial!" :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Solmyr

Quote from: celedhring on October 24, 2015, 06:49:01 AM
I love how all the Imperials speak in brit accent  :bowler:, and within the game it's explicitly said that's the accent of the "native" regions of the Sith empire.

Blame Peter Cushing and Ian McDiarmid. They established that Brits are evil already back in 1977.

Syt

I believe this was because while they used many British actors in the OT, they needed to dub many Rebels in post due to poor sound quality. Which is why the Empire speaks (mostly) British English, while the Rebels speak (mostly) American English.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Heh, I have just started a walkthrough with an Imperial Agent, where I'm supposed to be a spy, and the first thing I'm asked is to drop the accent to not arise suspicions :lol:

Syt

It seems something about the revised companion system might be broken. My Jedi Knight (level 24)'s companion does 50% more damage on tank setting (not to mention DPS), and barely takes any damage from enemies. It seems the influence bonus is either grading badly or requires a lower cap. Heck, I barely get to fight, because if I send my companion in the fight is almost over before I join. :lol:
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Yeah, companions are comically overpowered at the moment, I guess they'll nerf them soon.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Syt on October 24, 2015, 12:27:42 PM
I believe this was because while they used many British actors in the OT, they needed to dub many Rebels in post due to poor sound quality. Which is why the Empire speaks (mostly) British English, while the Rebels speak (mostly) American English.

I heard they are going to retcon that as the accent of Coruscant to explain it.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

celedhring

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 25, 2015, 07:08:54 PM
Quote from: Syt on October 24, 2015, 12:27:42 PM

I heard they are going to retcon that as the accent of Coruscant to explain it.

Can't recall that being the case in the prequels, which had lots of scenes in Coruscant.

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on October 25, 2015, 06:27:50 PM
Yeah, companions are comically overpowered at the moment, I guess they'll nerf them soon.

I've set my companion to healing; that way I can pretend I'm actually doing some fighting.

I thought the combat was previously too same-ish and grindy, but now they've gone "a bit" too far the other way. :lol:
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

I like the speed at which you can level a character though. I think the general idea is sound, they just have to tone it down a bit.

Syt

Oh yeah. I've also noticed that relics and implants are now among the quest rewards which I believe wasn't the case previously. And obviously the easiest way to keep your gear current is to get items you can modify and then choose commendations data crystals as quest rewards and buy mods at the modification vendors.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Quote from: Syt on October 26, 2015, 03:23:14 AM
Oh yeah. I've also noticed that relics and implants are now among the quest rewards which I believe wasn't the case previously. And obviously the easiest way to keep your gear current is to get items you can modify and then choose commendations data crystals as quest rewards and buy mods at the modification vendors.

They have made modifiable items harder to get (you can't buy them with crystals anymore while leveling), though, and nerfed the modifications you can get at the data vendors. But it's not much of an issue given how easy leveling is now.