And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars The Old Republic Roll Call

Started by Berkut, December 20, 2011, 09:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: sbr on January 01, 2013, 02:02:43 PM
Quote from: Syt on January 01, 2013, 01:44:34 PM
Finished chapter 1 for my smuggler.  OK-ish story line, but chapter 2 has me yawning so far, though it's interesting to see Balmorra from the other side (previously only visited as imp).

What is an Imperial smuggler doing in Morrowind?

Balmorra, with two "r". Not Balmora.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Solmyr

KOTOR 1 and 2 are 75% off on Steam for a couple of days more, incidentally. Got them just to see what the background to SWTOR was.

Syt

Quote from: Solmyr on January 02, 2013, 02:12:23 PM
KOTOR 1 and 2 are 75% off on Steam for a couple of days more, incidentally. Got them just to see what the background to SWTOR was.

Make sure to get the restoration mods for KotOR2 (links are in this forum somewhere).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Solmyr

chipwich

Sophie Scholl

Randomly decided to resub.  We'll see how long I last.  I needed a change of pace from WoW for a bit.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

katmai

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on October 14, 2013, 11:56:31 PM
Randomly decided to resub.  We'll see how long I last.  I needed a change of pace from WoW for a bit.

Have you seen the trailer for the upcoming Space battle 12v12 pvp?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

I've been in serious Star Wars geek mode the last week or so - finished watching the 5th season of Clone Wars, played SWTOR again (the Sith Inquisitor story *does* become kind of hilarious later on) and read lots of Star Wars comics.

Seen the trailer for the 12 vs 12 battles. I'm not much into PvP stuff, but it made me think: wouldn't a F2P game like War Thunder in the Star Wars universe be a gold mine? It should be easy to port the mechanics for leveling etc. to the Star Wars setting, and the games and expanded universe have provided lots and lots of fighters to play with, from the Naboo N-1 or Droid fighters to the TIE-Defender and E-Wing there's dozens of ships in there.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Sophie Scholl

I've been splitting my interests between Warhammer Fantasy and Star Wars of late.  I'm all set to rock a rebel pilot costume for Halloween, the research into which got me into Star Wars mode.  I never bothered to finish any of the storylines the first time I played ToR, so it will all be fairly new to me once I leave the capital cities.  I agree that a FTP Star Wars ship combat game would be amazing.  Y-Wings! :wub:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Syt

I'm sorta itching to try a Clone Wars mode for Empire at War. I'm surprised that there was never an official expansion to cover that era, because it seems amazingly obvious.

Republic At War seems the current go-to for that, though there appears to be a Clone Wars mod in the making that will take a lot of inspiration from the series (heroes, units, locations ...), plus NPC planets (e.g. Mandalore is neutral during the war).

I'm still holding out hope that with the new ownership of Lucasfilm their old games catalogue will make it over to GOG eventually (X-Wing and TIE-Fighter games, the old adventures, Rebellion ...).
—Stephen Jay Gould

katmai

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on October 14, 2013, 11:56:31 PM

Yeah i did same, lvling up on Jedi Covenant server.

Sophie Scholl

I just can't will myself to go through Coruscant again.  Ugh.  I hate having to go through the same zone for every single class, every single time. :yuk:

Syt

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on October 27, 2013, 04:54:34 PM
I just can't will myself to go through Coruscant again.  Ugh.  I hate having to go through the same zone for every single class, every single time. :yuk:

Dromund Kaas is indeed much more fun. The Republic start really blows:

- Coruscant (though the Gree droids are amusing - they talk like bmolson) which is mostly indoors
- Republic Taris - which is a ruined mess
- Nar Shaddaa - which is all indoors again

Compared to the Empire:

- Dromund Kaas (twisted but fun place)
- Balmorra (wide open landscapes)
- Nar Shaddaa

Either site becomes annoying once you reach Belsavis, I think, because that's when the mob placement becomes highly grinderiffic.
—Stephen Jay Gould

katmai

Someone is now in beta for the expansion.