And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on April 15, 2012, 12:25:15 PM
Quote from: Berkut on April 15, 2012, 12:03:14 PM
Nearly anyone + Nearly anyone else >>>>>>>>>>> Just about anyone+Sarah Palin.

I actually liked McCain.  I didn't think he was right in 2008 though.  2000, sure.   Sarah Palin is worse then useless, though.  Well not totally.  She got Katmai that job.
In hindsight, I don't think he was right for either year.  He just doesn't have the temperament for the job, he's too much of a bomb thrower, and he's that way due to personality rather than political image.  He also never struck me as gifted intellectually (granted, anyone can look good against GWB).

garbon

Quote from: Neil on April 15, 2012, 12:55:40 PM
Quote from: Viking on April 15, 2012, 11:52:00 AM
Just watched Game Change. A big case of ego massage as it confirms my view that

Clinton > McCain > Obama

Obama+Biden >>>>>>> McCain+Palin
Except McCain didn't die, so it turns out you were wrong.

Of course he also wasn't subject to the pressures of being president either...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Viking

Clinton > McCain > Obama

Palin never had any reason to assassinate him  :moon:
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Neil

Quote from: Viking on April 15, 2012, 02:33:09 PM

Clinton > McCain > Obama

Palin never had any reason to assassinate him  :moon:
That would never happen, as all the institutions of government would have no problem putting down a Palinite coup, especially the military.

Does it stroke your ego to be foolish?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Viking

Quote from: Neil on April 15, 2012, 03:02:48 PM
That would never happen, as all the institutions of government would have no problem putting down a Palinite coup, especially the military.

Palin: Jeesus rode dinosaurs, you betcha!
McCain: Oh, my dicky ticker!!!!!111oneoneoen

silly stuff requried emoticons.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Viking on April 15, 2012, 03:12:16 PM

McCain and Jesus were students together in Grumbler's school.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Neil

Quote from: Viking on April 15, 2012, 03:12:16 PM
Quote from: Neil on April 15, 2012, 03:02:48 PM

silly stuff requried emoticons.
McCain was the Republican nominee for President.  I'm sure he dealt with people at least as retarded as Palin in order to win the approval of the party machine.  He also served in the Senate with Santorum.  If idiocy could kill him, it would have.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Zoupa on April 15, 2012, 10:11:34 AM
Sarkozy, a most arrogant and tough guy macho wannabe (must have something to do with his height), apologized just last week about the treatment of Algerians fighting on the side of France during the civil war over there. No biggie.

The difference being that the current French population is probably not very divided on whether the Algerians fighting for France were treated decently or not.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on April 15, 2012, 03:21:53 PM
McCain was the Republican nominee for President.  I'm sure he dealt with people at least as retarded as Palin in order to win the approval of the party machine.  He also served in the Senate with Santorum.  If idiocy could kill him, it would have.

The Senate and the GOP was baby shit compared to what that man had been through in life.

Razgovory

Clinton > McCain > Obama

Yet.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 15, 2012, 05:48:08 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on April 15, 2012, 10:11:34 AM
Sarkozy, a most arrogant and tough guy macho wannabe (must have something to do with his height), apologized just last week about the treatment of Algerians fighting on the side of France during the civil war over there. No biggie.

The difference being that the current French population is probably not very divided on whether the Algerians fighting for France were treated decently or not.

The French government kept much of that secret for a long, long time.  Hell they banned the film "The Battle of Algiers" for a while.  Even if you are right what is your point?  A bad act is bad even if it's popular.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on April 15, 2012, 01:07:15 PM
In hindsight, I don't think he was right for either year.  He just doesn't have the temperament for the job, he's too much of a bomb thrower, and he's that way due to personality rather than political image.  He also never struck me as gifted intellectually (granted, anyone can look good against GWB).

Unfair assessment.  McCain's track record throughout his years in the Senate display a practical and pragmatic approach to both domestic and foreign policy, with zero zealotry on any major issue.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on April 15, 2012, 06:47:22 PM
The French government kept much of that secret for a long, long time.  Hell they banned the film "The Battle of Algiers" for a while.  Even if you are right what is your point?  A bad act is bad even if it's popular.

I don't think you understand what we are talking about.

Razgovory

Sheilbh

Quote from: Razgovory on April 15, 2012, 07:59:30 PM
Okay, enlighten me.
Attitudes to the Harkis (Algerians fighting for France) are different from attitudes to the FLN (Algerians fighting against France).  In both cases French attitudes have moved on since the 60s.
Let's bomb Russia!