And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 10, 2012, 05:18:47 PM
Quote from: derspiess on April 10, 2012, 05:06:51 PM
He was losing ground in PA and one recent poll had Romney way ahead.  Losing PA in spectacular fashion might've been more than he wanted to bear.  Plus he could've been running out of cash.  His daughter being sick could've been the straw that broke the camel's back.

Well, I still there there's a not insignificant number of Republicans that will be pissed they won't be able to vote for him in the coming primaries.  There's still a lot of important states left.  He should've hung in there, if only to continue the War On Teh Wimmin.

I'd be disappointed as well if I were on your side. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Oh, I don't know.  The way it stand now, a Democrat is going to win either way.  Even if he happens to have been nominated by GOP.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on April 10, 2012, 08:18:09 PM
Oh, I don't know.  The way it stand now, a Democrat is going to win either way.  Even if he happens to have been nominated by GOP.

:yeahright:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Kerry 2, the Revenge of Long Face.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

CountDeMoney

:lol: No kidding.

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on April 10, 2012, 08:22:44 PM

Other than he will likely lose like him (and they spent time in Mass), I'm not really sure I get the comparison.  Kerry's number 1 bit was that he was very boring and uninspiring.  Mitt on the other hand is very good at getting people of all kinds to dislike him. He generates a lot more emotion that Kerry. :lol:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on April 10, 2012, 08:27:11 PM

Other than he will likely lose like him (and they spent time in Mass), I'm not really sure I get the comparison.  Kerry's number 1 bit was that he was very boring and uninspiring.  Mitt on the other hand is very good at getting people of all kinds to dislike him. He generates a lot more emotion that Kerry. :lol:

Some in your Party disagree http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-haberman/2012/01/newt-web-ad-romney-and-kerry-have-french-connection-110695.html

:lol:

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on April 10, 2012, 08:31:21 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 10, 2012, 08:27:11 PM

Some in your Party disagree http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-haberman/2012/01/newt-web-ad-romney-and-kerry-have-french-connection-110695.html

:lol:

Yes and Gingrich is an idiot who got smacked down on that ad because he was found to have used french language sources in his thesis.  If you're going to try a card, at least show the whole play.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

sbr

Quote from: DGuller on April 10, 2012, 05:13:47 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 10, 2012, 05:07:32 PM
She's fine.  Well, maybe not fine but left the hospital last night.
Yes, but she's a Santorum baby.  Her going home from the hospital isn't as reliable a sign of good health as it normally is.

:XD:

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 10, 2012, 08:20:55 PM

:yeahright:

That's overstating it to an extreme, but as a lefty, I did always feel uncomfortable with the Santorum strategic voting since I really do feel much, much more comfortable with Romney than Santorum, if it comes to it.  I think it will be interesting to see if either Romney or Obama can really bring out the base, since neither of them are right or left enough.  I predict: low turnout.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Razgovory

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on April 10, 2012, 10:25:36 PM
Don't spoil it man.

In '08 Romney ran against McCain from the right. He hasn't moved leftward since then. Passing a health care bill in Massachusetts doesn't make him a Democrat.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Wait, I didn't know that Romney was to the right of McCain.  Anyway, the whole GOP shifted to the right.  Ideas that were mainstream in the GOP have now become liberal because Obama might support them.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 10, 2012, 10:30:20 PM
Passing a health care bill in Massachusetts doesn't make him a Democrat.

It does to Republicans.