And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 06, 2012, 06:57:23 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 06, 2012, 06:45:04 PM
You make a post, and I contest it.  You claim it had no point, it was just an observation.

This is when a normal person would back off.
:yes: Raz, sometimes you can be a real pest.  This is one of those times.

jimmy olsen

Newt wins Georgia, his home state and the state with most delegates up for grabs today.

Romney wins Virginia (his only competition was Paul though).
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Paul's got 42% of the vote with 12% in Virginia. If that holds up that's a horrible performance for Romney.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 06, 2012, 07:27:38 PM
Paul's got 42% of the vote with 12% in Virginia. If that holds up that's a horrible performance for Romney.

That pretty much tells you how many are the not-romney vote, since Newt's not on the ballot there.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on March 06, 2012, 07:22:20 PM
You make a post, and I contest it.  You claim it had no point, it was just an observation.

I prefer, "Determined".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on March 06, 2012, 07:33:51 PM
Quote from: DGuller on March 06, 2012, 07:22:20 PM

I prefer, "Determined".

I overrule your judgement and rule that "stalkerish" shall be used. Case closed!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

I was acquitted on those charges! :mad:  Twice.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

With .1% reporting Santorum's up 39.3% to Romney's 37% in Ohio.

Santorum wins Oklahoma, Romney Mass.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Kleves

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 06, 2012, 08:07:23 PM
Santorum wins Oklahoma.
Called for him with fewer than 200 total votes counted.  :lol:
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

jimmy olsen

Romney's in third place there.

My gut says Santorum will win TN but lose OH. It'll be close though.
http://www.google.com/elections/ed/us/results

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Tennessee called for Santorum.

1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Too funny.

Was watching one of the talking head shows a week or so ago, and the point was made that an inadvertent side-effect of the new campaign financing rules and these Super PACs are that marginal candidates such as Santorum and Gingrich wind up with longer staying power in the primary process, when their original campaign accounts would've run out of money a long time ago.
Valid point;  these morons should've been gone for quite a while by now;  instead, they're muddying the waters, flinging poo, and making things more difficult for the eventual nominee we all already know.

CountDeMoney

Gingrich is poo-poohing the "national elites" in the Republican Party and the media.  HE'S SO ROGUE

Eddie Teach

Imagine the scandal when President Romney marries himself a Second Lady.  :cool:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

I'm borrowing the phrase 'deliciously incoherent'.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive