News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on February 27, 2012, 02:39:17 PM
QuoteAsked by the AP reporter if he follows NASCAR, Romney responded, "Not as closely as some of the most ardent fans. But I have some great friends who are NASCAR team owners."

:lol:

:wub:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

sbr

What a collection of dumb shits. Anyone who could get multiple brain cells firing at the same time could run away with this thing.

garbon

Quote from: sbr on February 27, 2012, 03:08:13 PM
What a collection of dumb shits. Anyone who could get multiple brain cells firing at the same time could run away with this thing.

Most people with multiple brain cells steer clear of this sort of thing.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

QuoteAsked by the AP reporter if he follows NASCAR, Romney responded, "Not as closely as some of the most ardent fans. But I have some great friends who are NASCAR team owners."

lol, he just don't get it

DGuller

We really need a :facepalm: smiley.  Or :romney:, same shit.

DGuller

What primary are you watching?  Anyone who could get multiple brain cells firing is disqualified from the beginning.  Hence the conundrum for GOP:  they want moron candidates, but that results in getting candidates that are morons.

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on February 27, 2012, 03:43:22 PM
What primary are you watching?  Anyone who could get multiple brain cells firing is disqualified from the beginning.  Hence the conundrum for GOP:  they want moron candidates, but that results in getting candidates that are morons.

This is the end result in believing that government doesn't require any special skills.  That all problems can be solved through "common sense", folk wisdom, and gut instinct.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on February 27, 2012, 03:55:45 PM
This is the end result in believing that government doesn't require any special skills.  That all problems can be solved through "common sense", folk wisdom, and gut instinct.

Given the job career politicians have done, it's not hard to see why people start out with that belief.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on February 27, 2012, 04:28:47 PM

Given the job career politicians have done, it's not hard to see why people start out with that belief.

Don't you be talking bad about Ms. Nancy! :angry:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on February 27, 2012, 04:32:57 PM

Don't you be talking bad about my Pelosi! :angry:

Pelosi Galore, Bond Babe.

Yes, that was from Dennis Miller.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 27, 2012, 04:34:04 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 27, 2012, 04:32:57 PM

Don't you be talking bad about my Pelosi! :angry:

I changed it. -_-

fhdz

Oh, is he still alive?
and the horse you rode in on

CountDeMoney

Quote from: fahdiz on February 27, 2012, 04:40:29 PM

Oh, is he still alive?

Still doing the conservative thing.
Sorta amazing how he went hard right after 9/11.  Was always a bit centrist with a common sensical approach, but 9/11 really put the zap on his head.  Still enjoyable, though.

No Bill Maher, but still enjoyable.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 27, 2012, 04:44:53 PM
Still doing the conservative thing.
Sorta amazing how he went hard right after 9/11.  Was always a bit centrist with a common sensical approach, but 9/11 really put the zap on his head.  Still enjoyable, though.

No Bill Maher, but still enjoyable.

If anything he was a bit on the left in the 80s.  He certainly wasn't too fond of Ronnie Ray-gun.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall