News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Wow, that was preposterously easy.  On one hand, it'd be awesome if real elections were like that--a line of three people, including me, and the entire process being contained within the running time of KISS' disco foray "I Was Made For Lovin' You"--and on the other, I feel kind of let down that the solemn job of interfering with my political opponents was over so quickly.

Oh well.  I threw my Gingwrench into the machine.  We'll see what happens.

Of course, I am also haunted by the prospect, that, come November, I will have helped install a monster in the White House, condemning America to perdition and consigning the American people to slavery.  Even worse, I'd owe Yi $100 and the satisfaction of being right.  Ugh.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

AnchorClanker

Somehow I doubt the GOP can get their act together with these candidates, all are flawed.
It's going to be a tough sell to oust the incumbent when your choice is either Romney/Gingrich/Santorum/Paul.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

FunkMonk

This primary reminds me of when I was loitering around Five Points in Columbia in October 2008, pretending to be a huge McCain supporter because I was trying to get into this Blonde's Panties (R).

Like Romney, I gained some initial traction, until some dude dressed like a pizza delivery man swooped her away from under my nose. :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

AnchorClanker

The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

CountDeMoney

Quote from: AnchorClanker on January 21, 2012, 02:39:29 PM
SC seriously underfunds the school system.

Too many negroes.

When I was looking at relocating a few years ago to South Carolina, had to come to the realization that there are only three major employers there;  state government, the US military, and Blue Cross Screw First.

And as much as I was interested in pursuing their out-of-state recruitment of high school teachers, there was no way in holy hell I--the ardent Unionist and abolitionist that I am--was  going to be a history teacher in a school system that refers to it as the "War of Northern Aggression."

Kleves

Well, shit. Gingrich is being projected to win in SC.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

katmai

Quote from: Kleves on January 21, 2012, 07:15:07 PM

Were you surprised by this, i mean look at them dumb yokels like Ide.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

When President Gingrich takes office, he'll only have himself to blame.  :(
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Lolololol.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Razgovory

Well at least it's not Ron Paul.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

Newt looks like he could have swept all of the delegates and Santorum's done better than I expected.

This is more impressive than Clinton in NH in 2008 or 1992.  Florida could be interesting, until his collapse in December Newt was far ahead there.

Romney's going to turn the attacks on Newt in a big way. 
Let's bomb Russia!

KRonn

This is getting more and more "interesting", and will now get dragged out even longer.   :hmm:

Sheilbh

Interesting exit poll result.  Among voters who said choosing a candidate who could beat Obama was their top consideration - Gingrich 49%, Romney 41%.

I think Newt's idea of imagine Romney debating Obama has gained some traction.

Edit:  I think we'll see Republican elites grasping for someone else in the next few days.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a rash of 'draft Daniels' or 'draft Bush'.
Let's bomb Russia!