News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

The SBC cannot be allowed to develop a nuclear weapon.

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Eddie Teach

He endorsed Huckabee last time.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Of course the day of the primary it's going to be pouring down rain.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

AnchorClanker

Quote from: Ideologue on January 21, 2012, 01:25:27 PM

Yeah, I have tornado watch until 8 PM.   <_<  This had better not affect my plans for dinner and drinks tonight.

It will be good to have done with all these campaign ads, though.  Can't even have a pint without unwanted retards in my face.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Ideologue

Quote from: AnchorClanker on January 21, 2012, 01:45:27 PM

Yeah, I have tornado watch until 8 PM.   <_<  This had better not affect my plans for dinner and drinks tonight.

It will be good to have done with all these campaign ads, though.  Can't even have a pint without unwanted retards in my face.

Dude, go vote for Gingrich.  We can fuck this shit up.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

AnchorClanker

Quote from: Ideologue on January 21, 2012, 01:54:40 PM
Quote from: AnchorClanker on January 21, 2012, 01:45:27 PM

Dude, go vote for Gingrich.  We can fuck this shit up.

I can't - registered for Oregon District #5 (home of record)
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Ideologue

Yeah, I can see why you'd do that, since your permanent address has been South Carolina for about six years.

Admittedly, it is clever, given that your vote in the general election actually counts. :(
Kinemalogue

AnchorClanker

Quote from: Ideologue on January 21, 2012, 02:04:57 PM
Yeah, I can see why you'd do that, since your permanent address has been South Carolina for about six years.

Admittedly, it is clever, given that your vote in the general election actually counts. :(

Yes, and I refuse to surrender my Oregon plates or registration for anything.  I am an Oregonian in federal service.
Plus, OR #5 is actually a competitive district (most competitive in Oregon), so I like keeping my original home of record.
SC gets my property tax, and can do what it likes with it.

Ideologue

It kills immigrants with it.  OK, I made that up.  Probably.
Kinemalogue

AnchorClanker

Quote from: Ideologue on January 21, 2012, 02:27:31 PM

Well, it's not moving SC up in the school rankings, which would be my preferred use of my tax money.
SC wants so badly to bring jobs to the state, but won't fix the schools.  Here on the Georgialina border, I know quite a few military families that are living in Evans and Grovetown just because of the schools.  They'd prefer to be over here in Aiken County and get away from the base and base people, but the SC schools aren't competitive with GA schools...

Phillip V

Quote from: AnchorClanker on January 21, 2012, 02:34:26 PM

Well, it's not moving SC up in the school rankings, which would be my preferred use of my tax money.
SC wants so badly to bring jobs to the state, but won't fix the schools.  Here on the Georgialina border, I know quite a few military families that are living in Evans and Grovetown just because of the schools.  They'd prefer to be over here in Aiken County and get away from the base and base people, but the SC schools aren't competitive with GA schools...

Fix the families. Children will do better academically among other lifelong benefits.

Eddie Teach

Does SC do lotto? That's a big source of GA education dollars.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

AnchorClanker

Quote from: Phillip V on January 21, 2012, 02:36:01 PM
Quote from: AnchorClanker on January 21, 2012, 02:34:26 PM

Fix the families. Children will do better academically among other lifelong benefits.

Well, yes of course - but there is a legit funding issue here.  SC seriously underfunds the school system.

AnchorClanker

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 21, 2012, 02:36:37 PM
Does SC do lotto? That's a big source of GA education dollars.

I'm pretty sure they do, and I'm also pretty sure that it's for education, but I suspect that they also use that as an excuse to not properly fund the schools in the first place - and the lottery isn't making up the difference.