News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Berkut on January 20, 2012, 12:53:47 AM
At least if Gingrich got the nomination, it would make it a really easy decision come voting time. What a fucking asshole.

Neat.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on January 20, 2012, 01:24:51 AM
At least if Gingrich got the nomination, it would make it a really easy decision come voting time. What a fucking asshole.

Neat.

It's really one of the few reasonable responses to Gingrich that are available.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Do you feel that this opinion is widespread throughout the independent/center of the GOP?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Phillip V

Quote from: Ideologue on January 20, 2012, 01:35:53 AM
Do you feel that this opinion is widespread throughout the independent/center of the GOP?

Yes.

Sheilbh

He really is.  I still like Santorum and Paul, but I think Gingrich really is just vile.
Let's bomb Russia!

Ideologue

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 20, 2012, 03:13:39 AM
He really is.  I still like Santorum and Paul, but I think Gingrich really is just vile.

Sheilbh: Tory PSYOPS. :wacko:
Kinemalogue

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Gups

Five polls for SC released yesterday ad follows:

Mittens: +10
Mittens: +7
Gringo: +2
Gringo: +3
Gringo: +7

Margin of error around 4. Hmm.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Gups on January 20, 2012, 05:34:46 AM

What are you, the Yi Institute on Public Policy?

Gups

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 20, 2012, 06:23:06 AM

Yes: +5
No: +2
Maybe: +7
Don't know/what the fuck are you on about: +23

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Gups on January 20, 2012, 06:33:49 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 20, 2012, 06:23:06 AM

Yes: +5
No: +2
Maybe: +7
Don't know/what the fuck are you on about: +23

I was referring to the Dennis Miller-esque obscurely hip nicknames, but the smoky numbers work, too.

DGuller

This is one of the pet peeves of mine.  Margin of error is just a sample error.  It doesn't account for the error in picking or normalizing the sample, and there are a lot of polling agencies who are terrible at it.

Neil

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 20, 2012, 03:13:39 AM
Oh, you little revolutionary you.  You just can't help but loving extremists of all flavours, can you?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Phillip V

With a possible Gingrich upset tomorrow, the Romney campaign may very well get the long battle for the nomination that they had previously prepared for.

Florida, a state Romney only lost by 5 points in 2008, seems solid for him, but a Gingrich win in South Carolina could make it a close call. However, it is winner-take-all: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/fl/florida_republican_presidential_primary-1597.html

As for February, the contests are Romney-friendly (Michigan, Nevada, Maine, etc.) and should allow him good wins to prepare for Super Tuesday in March. Does that mean the other candidates will fade away in February? No. Super Pac's will keep them very much alive.

CountDeMoney

I just really wish TEH MEDIA would stop giving Newt so much easy ammunition.  Like last night's debate.  Way to go, fellas.