News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 17, 2012, 12:09:18 AM
Tonight Rick Perry called the government of Turkey 'Islamic terrorists', seemed to hint towards eventually bombing them and lumped them in with Iran and Syria.  Despite this I think that was his best debate performance by a mile and he may do okay, though not well enough, in SC.

I don't know if that says more about Perry, his party or South Carolina :mellow:

Good God, that man is dumb.  I wonder if he knows that Turkey is inhabited by human beings and not large tasty birds.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Sheilbh

Apparently he spent time in Turkey when in the air force in the 70s.  That was his senior foreign policy advisor's spin on why it was a valid question (she also mentioned that the audience cheered his answer so he must have been right).

When I read that I imagined what it must be like to be Rick Perry's senior foreign policy advisor :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Capetan Mihali

I'm lucky to have (completely anti-AKP) Turkish company at the moment, and I had started comically lambasting Perry about this, until I watched the video -- the question was a ludicrous set-up, I don't know how you could respond differently to it during the S.C. Republican primary...

"Wait, wait, wait a minute...Turkey's a NATO ally....where did you get that 1400% increase in woman-beating?  Isn't that due to better reporting?  What exactly is 'Islamism'....  :hmm:   :osama: ."
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Tamas

"I'd like to see us reduce government to meet the revenue, not raise revenue to meet the government."  I saw that quoted on Twitter (Gingrich, maybe?) and I like it. :)

Sheilbh

Yeah that was Gingrich.  It was during the section when they were asked what the top rate of tax should be.  It went from Romney suggesting 25% to Gingrich suggesting 15% (loudest cheer - I think they think that's attainable) to 0% from Ron Paul.

It was at that moment I realised how much I missed Herman Cain. 
Let's bomb Russia!

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 17, 2012, 03:03:52 AM

I miss H. Cain like I miss Jaron at his trolling peak...
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Ideologue

Nick Griffin: awesome or awesomest man in Britain?  Let's discuss.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Sheilbh

It was the question his entire campaign was built around: 'NINE! NINE! NINE!' And we missed it :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 17, 2012, 03:03:52 AM
Yeah that was Gingrich.  It was during the section when they were asked what the top rate of tax should be.  It went from Romney suggesting 25% to Gingrich suggesting 15% (loudest cheer - I think they think that's attainable) to 0% from Ron Paul.

0%?  Perhaps we should allow the rich to legally murder people if they feel like it as well.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Were people really applauding?

Where do they find these people?  Not in South Carolina, surely.
Kinemalogue

CountDeMoney

Newt Gingrich certainly put that nigger in his place, all askin' about food stamps an' such.

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on January 17, 2012, 04:05:13 AM
0%?  Perhaps we should allow the rich to legally murder people if they feel like it as well.

His issue is Constitutional with regards to the federal income tax.  I do not remember exactly what it was, that it had to apportioned in a certain way or something else technical about the sixteenth amendment.  I do not really remember exactly.  Since it is never actually going to happen (and if whatever his issue is becomes significant, I am pretty sure the Congress will just correct it) I never paid much attention.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on January 17, 2012, 02:50:55 AM
"I'd like to see us reduce government to meet the revenue, not raise revenue to meet the government."  I saw that quoted on Twitter (Gingrich, maybe?) and I like it. :)

I would like to see us do either one as appropriate to the circumstances.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

I wish Huntsman could get some traction.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned