News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: DGuller on December 21, 2011, 01:41:27 PM
If fighting Poland unites nations, then half of Eurasia would be united by now.

:lmfao: Well done!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tamas on December 21, 2011, 11:48:48 AM
Earh could sure use some hostile aliens from space. Would unite the planet.   :cool:

Well, sure, as it did all the West African blacks in the Americas.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

So I saw in the news shown in the elevator today that Ron Paul has changed his story. Now he's saying that he wrote particular sections of his 90s newsletters.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: garbon on December 22, 2011, 09:31:23 AM
So I saw in the news shown in the elevator today that Ron Paul has changed his story. Now he's saying that he wrote particular sections of his 90s newsletters.

Is that a changed story?  I thought he had been maintaining he didn't write the racist parts.

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on December 21, 2011, 09:39:05 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on December 21, 2011, 09:35:00 AM
One need only look at France or Germany to see how successful their policies are.

Meh.  It is always going to be harder in the Old World with their ethnic based states and identitiy.  I am not sure any policies can change the fundamental basis for a society and states' existance.

I think shared ethnicity is overstated when it comes to the national identity in Europe - it is often used as a shorthand for a collection of other factors, most of which are cultural. Many assimilated (especially white) ethnicities are considered a part of the dominant culture in a given country, despite having a different ethnicity (look at Rotschilds in France for example).

Of course the fact that there is a strong connection between culture and ethnicity eventually leads to a convergence - not unlike the racial politics in the US which is largely class politics.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on December 22, 2011, 09:46:39 AM
not unlike the racial politics in the US which is largely class politics.

Yeah I already mentioned that.  Over here race tends to be the bigger thing.  But fortunately we did name our country 'Whitemanland' or something.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 22, 2011, 09:34:06 AM

Is that a changed story?  I thought he had been maintaining he didn't write the racist parts.

I think so. I thought his most recent version was that he didn't write was published under his name - he was too busy with his practice.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/12/the-story-behind-ron-pauls-racist-newsletters/250338/

QuoteIn 1996 when the Texas Monthly investigated the newsletters, Paul took responsibility for them and said that certain things were taken out of context. (It's hard to imagine a context that would make the above quotes defensible.)

When the newsletter controversy came up again during the 2008 campaign, Paul explained that he didn't actually write the newsletters but because they carried his name he was morally responsible for their content. Further, he didn't know exactly who wrote the offensive things and they didn't represent his views.

Oh wait - what I'm seeing in recent news articles is that he's saying that he didn't write any of them.  I guess that's similar to what he said in '08.
http://newsone.com/nation/casey-gane-mccalla/ron-paul-addresses-racist-newsletters-on-cnn/
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on December 22, 2011, 12:11:59 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 22, 2011, 09:34:06 AM

I think so. I thought his most recent version was that he didn't write was published under his name - he was too busy with his practice.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/12/the-story-behind-ron-pauls-racist-newsletters/250338/

QuoteIn 1996 when the Texas Monthly investigated the newsletters, Paul took responsibility for them and said that certain things were taken out of context. (It's hard to imagine a context that would make the above quotes defensible.)

When the newsletter controversy came up again during the 2008 campaign, Paul explained that he didn't actually write the newsletters but because they carried his name he was morally responsible for their content. Further, he didn't know exactly who wrote the offensive things and they didn't represent his views.

Oh wait - what I'm seeing in recent news articles is that he's saying that he didn't write any of them.  I guess that's similar to what he said in '08.
http://newsone.com/nation/casey-gane-mccalla/ron-paul-addresses-racist-newsletters-on-cnn/

How do we know he wrote - or is even aware of - the replies attributed to him on this issue?  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Razgovory

Strange, normally when I post something like this Grumbler patronizes me, laughs at me, or just insults me.  Maybe he forgot about the thread.  Same thing with Habakkuk, he just bailed after I posted Ron Paul's interview with the paranoid NWO types.  What's the deal here?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Maybe they got tired of the political bullshit. Maybe they got tired of YOU.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

I like the kid too. But the political humping of the leg and polistalking does get old.

The Brain

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 22, 2011, 05:53:00 PM
I like the kid too. But the political humping of the leg and polistalking does get old.

Know what's old? You, pops.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Brain on December 22, 2011, 05:54:19 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 22, 2011, 05:53:00 PM

Know what's old? You, pops.

Goddamn right. Get off my lawn.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?