Canada to join Talebans in enforcing dress code on women

Started by viper37, December 13, 2011, 03:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Malthus on December 14, 2011, 12:08:29 PM
It's not functionally the same. There is no particular functional reason why people remove caps or hats indoors. There is a functional reason why one wants to know who is swearing an oath.
they're not only lifting up the veil for 3 seconds, they're completely removing it for the entire duration of the ceremony.  Akin to Church, in reality...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: grumbler on December 14, 2011, 12:17:19 PM
:lmfao:  Quebec seriously has a law that requires people to remove their hats or caps in class?

Wow.  :huh:

Does the law also mandate which presents can and cannot be given on birthdays?
does everything happening in a classroom needs to be a provincial law?  I don't know, tell me, is there a law that says you must be in class when the bell rings? :roll:

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Malthus on December 14, 2011, 01:15:49 PM
I guess that's why it doesn't bother me - what's the "culture" of Toronto anyway, other than a buncha banks?  :D

People don't come here because of our fine tradition of hat-doffing, but to make money and live their lives without excessive hassle.

Making up unnecessary laws just adds to people's hassles. My notion is: I don't tell them what to wear, and I reserve the right to ignore them if they attempt to tell me what to wear.
well, we already knew Canada has no culture, what we've being a colony&all.  But anyway, this is Federal law.  No veil.  Racist law from racist people I guess.

garbon

Quote from: viper37 on December 14, 2011, 02:15:18 PM
:lmfao:  Quebec seriously has a law that requires people to remove their hats or caps in class?

does everything happening in a classroom needs to be a provincial law?  I don't know, tell me, is there a law that says you must be in class when the bell rings? :roll:

I'd guess being in class once the bell has rung falls under rules of the school. I'd guess that such a requirement typically doesn't involved depriving people of their rights.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Quote from: viper37 on December 14, 2011, 11:56:31 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 14, 2011, 01:33:12 AM
Fausse equivalence.

A l'ecole, elle passe chaque jour devoile.  Ici, elle replace le niqab sur le moment le ceremonie est terminee.  1000 heures > 1 heure.

("Devoile" might not be the right word, although literally it should be.  I am learning your Taliban ways.)
Non, elle entre en classe, elle se dévoile.  Comme on enlève sa casquette ou sa tuque en entrant en classe.  En sortant de la classe, elle remet son voile, comme on remet sa casquette ou sa tuque.

Comme une yarmulke?  Ou une dastar, comme une Sikh porte pour satisfaire aux exigences de sa religion?

Je concede que, peut-etre, Quebec simplement deteste tout religion en generale. :P

Mais pourquoi foutre de chapeaux?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

P.S. Merci pour parler francais avec mois.

Si jamais je demenage au Quebec, je peux etre invocque d'etre mechant pour les mususlmans aussi.  Comme, la liberte de religion est bon, mais bombarder est meillure.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on December 14, 2011, 03:10:11 PM

Si jamais je demenage au Quebec, je peux etre invocque d'etre mechant pour les mususlmans aussi.  Comme, la liberte de religion est bon, mais bombarder est meillure.

Bonjour, you cheese eating surrender monkey.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Some fried pepper jack wedges would really hit the spot right now.
Kinemalogue

Valmy

Quote from: Ideologue on December 14, 2011, 04:29:39 PM
Some fried pepper jack wedges would really hit the spot right now.

:lol:

I was about to say something like 'being a southerner it is more like a fried cheese eating surrender monkey'.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ideologue

When I worked at my old, old restaurant, they were served as appetizers.  I used to eat two plates of them for dinner.  J'AI FAIM.
Kinemalogue

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

dps

Quote from: viper37 on December 14, 2011, 02:15:18 PM

Apparantly, you think that a school dress code should be part of Quebec provincial law.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Ideologue on December 14, 2011, 02:53:20 PM
Quote from: viper37 on December 14, 2011, 11:56:31 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 14, 2011, 01:33:12 AM
Fausse equivalence.

A l'ecole, elle passe chaque jour devoile.  Ici, elle replace le niqab sur le moment le ceremonie est terminee.  1000 heures > 1 heure.

("Devoile" might not be the right word, although literally it should be.  I am learning your Taliban ways.)
Non, elle entre en classe, elle se dévoile.  Comme on enlève sa casquette ou sa tuque en entrant en classe.  En sortant de la classe, elle remet son voile, comme on remet sa casquette ou sa tuque.
Je concede que, peut-etre, Quebec simplement deteste tout religion en generale. :P

We're not exactly fans, no.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Grallon

Quote from: Ideologue on December 14, 2011, 03:10:11 PM

If you're to speak French then haul your tight boy ass around here so we can practice.

As for the Canadians - let them wallow in their multikulti bullshit until they drown in it...  Which shouldn't be very long at the rate it's happening!

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel