Canada to join Talebans in enforcing dress code on women

Started by viper37, December 13, 2011, 03:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: grumbler on December 17, 2011, 10:55:51 AM
Quote from: viper37 on December 16, 2011, 10:25:56 AM
Yeah, we regularly protest about the building of new Mosquee... oups, that's in your turf, sorry, my bad.

Where does Raz "regularly" post about the building of new mosques?
there is no protest about the building of ne Mosques in the US?  Damn, I must have read wrong.
http://www.realcourage.org/2010/07/ramsey-says-islam-not-a-religion/
http://articles.cnn.com/2010-06-06/us/new.york.ground.zero.mosque_1_american-muslims-ground-zero-mosque?_s=PM:US

Those filthy MSM and their lies!
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: dps on December 16, 2011, 06:55:06 PM
Now, I could be mistaken, and maybe some posters here did complain about the idea.  Ok, anyone who did is a hypocrit if they complain about other countries discriminating against Moslems.
doesn't matter if people here are for or against it. There have been protests against the building of Mosque, in Tennessee, as well as near ground zero, and elsewhere.  We never had that in Quebec, afaik.  No politician ever came forth saying "Islam is not a religion".  Yet, Raz says we're the racist, we're supposedly asking for tons of things outside our borders and disrespecting extremists here.  I think Raz is a moron who has no lessons to give, but that's just my opinion.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

Quote from: viper37 on December 17, 2011, 03:12:05 PM
Yeah, we regularly protest about the building of new Mosquee... oups, that's in your turf, sorry, my bad.

there is no protest about the building of ne Mosques in the US?  Damn, I must have read wrong.
http://articles.cnn.com/2010-06-06/us/new.york.ground.zero.mosque_1_american-muslims-ground-zero-mosque?_s=PM:US

Not seeing Raz protesting in there. :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: viper37 on December 17, 2011, 03:15:08 PM
doesn't matter if people here are for or against it. There have been protests against the building of Mosque, in Tennessee, as well as near ground zero, and elsewhere.  We never had that in Quebec, afaik.  No politician ever came forth saying "Islam is not a religion".  Yet, Raz says we're the racist, we're supposedly asking for tons of things outside our borders and disrespecting extremists here.  I think Raz is a moron who has no lessons to give, but that's just my opinion.

:huh:

Again where is Raz in all this? Can't he be equally appalled at what is happening in this country?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Quote from: viper37 on December 17, 2011, 03:12:05 PM

:lmfao:

You are saying that was Raz?  Or can you just not read?  To quote yourself,
QuoteYou really should learn to read, it would help with your mental illness, I'm sure.

And the pretense that Grallon would not protest the building of any new mosques in Quebec is simply not credible.  Grallon can step in here and correct me if I am wrong.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

dps

Quote from: viper37 on December 17, 2011, 03:15:08 PM
Quote from: dps on December 16, 2011, 06:55:06 PM
Now, I could be mistaken, and maybe some posters here did complain about the idea.  Ok, anyone who did is a hypocrit if they complain about other countries discriminating against Moslems.
doesn't matter if people here are for or against it.

Sure it does.  We're each responsible for our own individual opinions.  If other residents of Quebec hold racist views, that's not on you;  if other Americans hold racist views, that's not on American posters here.

Razgovory

Quote from: Razgovory on December 15, 2011, 05:03:15 PM
This is what annoys me most about Viper and Grallon.  They demand recognition of their culture and even special rights for it, but they have zero interest in extending anything like that for anyone else.

You really should learn to read, it would help with your mental illness, I'm sure.

Yeah, that in no way addresses my statement.  For one thing, a group of yahoos protesting a new Mosque does not have force of law.  Number two, I, and most Americans (and other anglophones it appears) are willing to tolerate other cultures in our borders.  What language a person speaks or what kind of hat they wear is in my opinion not a matter which the government should get involved in.

In fact, I've posted on this board several times damning people who attack Mosques or protest them being built.  Earlier this year I defended the right of people to engage in kosher and halal butchering even if it doesn't fit strictly into in FDA guidelines.  I did not call you racist.  I did insinuated Grallon was since he called a person "vermin" knowing only his ethnic heritage.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on December 17, 2011, 08:04:48 PM
In fact, I've posted on this board several times damning people who attack Mosques or protest them being built.  Earlier this year I defended the right of people to engage in kosher and halal butchering even if it doesn't fit strictly into in FDA guidelines.  I did not call you racist.  I did insinuated Grallon was since he called a person "vermin" knowing only his ethnic heritage.

And where does Grallon and I fit in your world of Yahoos?  You just equated all of us to them, because we don't give rights to extremists.  Yes, you did call me a racist.  And you implied somehow that we ask for special treatment outside our borders, and you even said we're not a minority in another thread, wich demonstrate your lack of calculation skills.

Quebec does not react any different than any other societies.  Veiled woman can't vote and can't testify in the US.  Yet, doing so in Quebec becomes racist.  To that, and all those who think like you: FUCK YOU.

Razgovory

Where did I call you a racist?  I must have forgotten.   Please show me.  You don't give rights to people.  You have labeled the people you don't like as extremists and then justify that as a reason not give same rights you demand.  You do demand special privileges outside of Quebec (for you language) and I don't think Francophones are a minority in Quebec.

Where do you fit into the world of Yahoos?  Not sure really, I don't know you personally. Grallon is a vile bigot, pedophile, and nihilist.  He enjoys cackling prophecies of doom and reminding us that soon our world will fall apart.  When asked to back it up, he's notably quiet.  I suspect he is a moral coward.

You complain about how your people were treated in the past and the need to protect your culture.  Fair enough.  I can sympathize with that.  I don't think it's government's place to tell people what language to speak, or how to conduct their daily lives.  The Dominion of Canada disagreed and made life hard on Francophones in the past.  I'm sorry about that.  I had no hand in it, nor did my country.  However, just as I don't think the Dominion of Canada should have enforced English language on the people of Quebec, I don't think Quebec should force their language on others.  I suspect the difference between us is I believe in liberalism.  It's not my concern if someone wears a veil, or bells or speaks in tongues.  The idea of not letting someone in a public building because they are wearing a veil "A symbol of extremism", strikes me as absurd.  It's like banning the eating of gravy on fries in a public building because it's indicative of support of the Quebec Liberation Front and the eater may have just placed bomb somewhere.  You don't seem to think the same way.  If they move to Quebec, then they better learn French and act like a Quebeci as soon as possible.  That's Nationalism, not liberalism.  And if you are that way fine, but I ask myself,  why should the rest of Canada tolerate you.  The rest of Canada tolerates the antics and bitching from Quebec in the spirit of liberalism and multiculturalism. You spit at the idea of multiculturalism and hold the rest of Canada's culture in contempt (or you claimed they have no culture).

I wonder, what would happen if some terrible disaster befell the rest of Canada.  Most Anglophones died and the only place habitable place was Quebec.  How you treat the refugees.  How would you run things if you were the majority?

I'm still not sure what me posting about Mosques has to do with anything.  I even did a search on this forum and found me using people protesting or attacking mosques as an example of a bad thing.  So you really missed the mark there.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon