Canada to join Talebans in enforcing dress code on women

Started by viper37, December 13, 2011, 03:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Grallon on December 15, 2011, 09:18:26 PM
Quote from: Malthus on December 15, 2011, 04:50:29 PM

Also, if the women in your family prefer to wear tank tops rather than burkahs, or the men in your family decide they are gay and want to go out clubbing with the boys, and you can't persuade them otherwise, again too damn bad - use force to compel them and the cops haul your ass off, where you have to face the likes of BB in court.  :D

Seems that's where the line ought to be held.

You should go explain that to the corpses of the Shafia girls murdered by their Muslim father and brother heh?

G.

You mean explain it to that dad and bro.

But why should I? That's what BB and his like are for.

The criminal justice system is our way of "explaining" stuff like this to those who don't get it. Then they will have a minimum of 25 years to consider the matter.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on December 15, 2011, 02:27:05 PM

Anyway, I'm sorry that you had to deal with such oppression - I could have worn a cap during an exam, although it is true that some professors would have been annoyed as it is against cultural custom.

There's a kid sitting in front of me right now taking an exam with a cap on.  A black Irish fisherman cap.  He says it brings him luck.  I have no objections whatever.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

HVC

Quote from: grumbler on December 16, 2011, 09:56:13 AM
Quote from: garbon on December 15, 2011, 02:27:05 PM

Anyway, I'm sorry that you had to deal with such oppression - I could have worn a cap during an exam, although it is true that some professors would have been annoyed as it is against cultural custom.

There's a kid sitting in front of me right now taking an exam with a cap on.  A black Irish fisherman cap.  He says it brings him luck.  I have no objections whatever.
i hope you realize you're helping to bring upon the destruction of western civilization :ultra: :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on December 16, 2011, 10:09:18 AM
i hope you realize you're helping to bring upon the destruction of western civilization :ultra: :P

Once you start letting Irish things in it all goes to hell.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on December 15, 2011, 05:03:15 PM
This is what annoys me most about Viper and Grallon.  They demand recognition of their culture and even special rights for it, but they have zero interest in extending anything like that for anyone else.
Yeah, we regularly protest about the building of new Mosquee... oups, that's in your turf, sorry, my bad.

You really should learn to read, it would help with your mental illness, I'm sure.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

there's no way he'd do that here, teachers are paranoid about cheating and having answers written on the cap.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

Quote from: viper37 on December 16, 2011, 10:26:59 AM
there's no way he'd do that here, teachers are paranoid about cheating and having answers written on the cap.

Hmm..so sounds like there's something already broken there to begin with. ;)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: viper37 on December 16, 2011, 10:25:56 AM
This is what annoys me most about Viper and Grallon.  They demand recognition of their culture and even special rights for it, but they have zero interest in extending anything like that for anyone else.
Yeah, we regularly protest about the building of new Mosquee... oups, that's in your turf, sorry, my bad.

You really should learn to read, it would help with your mental illness, I'm sure.

I'm not sure why you wouldn't be against the building of mosques. Those are certainly hotbeds for extremists to meet up.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Valmy

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

dps

While some idiots in the States did complain/protest about the idea of building a mosque near Ground Zero, IIRC nobody who posts here was opposed to the idea.

Now, I could be mistaken, and maybe some posters here did complain about the idea.  Ok, anyone who did is a hypocrit if they complain about other countries discriminating against Moslems.

grumbler

Where does Raz "regularly" post about the building of new mosques?

Is he one of the posters http://www.scpr.org/news/2010/08/24/18630/temecula-mosque/ here?

He would have to be tusing multiple names http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/2010-07-05-newmosques04_ST_N.htm here to be considered "regular," and that piece is over a year old, so past tense.

QuoteYou really should learn to read, it would help with your mental illness, I'm sure.

Maybe you could set the example?  Whether it helps with your mental illness or not, the precedent might help Raz.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!