News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Next Bioware game: C&C Generals 2

Started by Syt, December 11, 2011, 08:14:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Razgovory

Quote from: viper37 on December 12, 2011, 10:05:09 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 11, 2011, 05:40:03 PM
I dislike the cartoony graphics.
that's Red Alert 3...

This one as well.  I like military vehicles to look like actual vehicles, not something from Transformers.  It's okay Sci-fi games, but less so for this.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

JonasSalk

I actually really liked Generals. It was the first C&C game I played competitively online and I was pretty damn good at it.
Yuman

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on December 13, 2011, 12:40:35 AM
This one as well.  I like military vehicles to look like actual vehicles, not something from Transformers.  It's okay Sci-fi games, but less so for this.
The game is not out until 2013 and all I've seen is a short trailer from a video, not actual gameplay.  I don't know how you base your "cartoony" assumptions.  The first Generals didn't have "cartoony" units, they looked more like real units, in as much as could be done at the time.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Razgovory

Quote from: viper37 on December 13, 2011, 02:52:55 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 13, 2011, 12:40:35 AM
The game is not out until 2013 and all I've seen is a short trailer from a video, not actual gameplay.  I don't know how you base your "cartoony" assumptions.  The first Generals didn't have "cartoony" units, they looked more like real units, in as much as could be done at the time.

Well, I base it on the trailer.  I'm not talking about the units themselves, simply the graphic style.  And the first one did have a cartoony style for units.  They deliberately designed the units to look unrealistic, because they feared censors in Europe.  It didn't work to well, the Germans still made the game really hard to get.  And of course several of the units are could be described as cartoony.  GLA tanks look kinda like old WWII ones.  In particular Italian and British or microwave tanks, or motorcycles with rockets on them, or...
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017