And we're back!

Main Menu

Next Bioware game: C&C Generals 2

Started by Syt, December 11, 2011, 08:14:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

:huh:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/12/11/biowares-new-game-is-cc-generals-2/

QuoteYes, Bioware are making an RTS. Or more accurately: they've now got an RTS studio under the same label. Generals 2 is powered by the Battlefield 3 engine. It's PC-only. Dr Ray said: ""We're bringing BioWare's vision for emotionally engaging gameplay and great attention to quality to the strategy genre and the Command & Conquer franchise. I am excited to welcome BioWare Victory to our label. They are a great addition and the team is working hard to make sure Generals 2 truly immerses and engages players into this intense, gritty, modern war experience." And Executive producer Jon Van Caneghem said: "With Generals 2, we are bringing the Command & Conquer franchise back to its roots, blending strategic gameplay with fast-paced action — all set in visually stunning theaters of war powered by Frostbite 2." (Thanks, VG247.)

It's dated for 2013. See trailer below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=w6bg6yhyTK4

Electronic Arts: when bad things happen to good developers?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

I'd rather have a sequel that that C&C first person shooter. It was fun being a dickhole in that game.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

FunkMonk

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 11, 2011, 08:17:12 AM
I'd rather have a sequel that that C&C first person shooter. It was fun being a dickhole in that game.  :)

I never played that one. What did you do in it?
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josquius

I thought that C&C shooter turned out to be a flop?
And Generals too...isn't that the weakest C&C?
Never played either of them I must say.  Just played RA3 for the first time a few month s ago
██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 11, 2011, 08:32:05 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 11, 2011, 08:17:12 AM

I never played that one. What did you do in it?

Me? Be a total dick. For normal people, attack the other team's base.

Slargos

I thought no one could develop PC-only games anymore on account of all the piracy.  :huh:

Berkut

Quote from: Slargos on December 11, 2011, 10:13:22 AM
I thought no one could develop PC-only games anymore on account of all the piracy.  :huh:

Well, Bioware is known for simply not understanding the PC market to the depth and complexity necessary to actually make money selling PC games. It's unfortunate for them, I am sure. Maybe they could hire an expert consultant to advise them on the futility of selling PC games in todays piracy driven market.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Warspite

Quote from: Berkut on December 11, 2011, 10:30:48 AM

Well, Bioware is known for simply not understanding the PC market to the depth and complexity necessary to actually make money selling PC games. It's unfortunate for them, I am sure. Maybe they could hire an expert consultant to advise them on the futility of selling PC games in todays piracy driven market.

:yawn:
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

garbon

Quote from: Warspite on December 11, 2011, 12:45:31 PM

:yawn:

Could they hire you?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

If you wanted to continue that debate you could just go back to the old thread.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on December 11, 2011, 11:08:19 AM
I really enjoyed Generals.

Filling the buildings full of snipers and rocketmen made the game turn into Grozny.  :)

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 11, 2011, 02:45:26 PM
Quote from: Neil on December 11, 2011, 11:08:19 AM
I really enjoyed Generals.

Filling the buildings full of snipers and rocketmen made the game turn into Grozny.  :)
I released my inner Ide and crushed all opposition with my Alpha Aurora bombers.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson