'New Year's Eve': The Most Important Movie Ever Made

Started by garbon, December 11, 2011, 01:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

citizen k

Quote from: garbon on December 11, 2011, 02:05:53 PM
So has anyone who speak English glanced at the article?

I thought it was a witty and sarcastic review. I enjoyed it although it might have been overdone.
Hardly going against conventional wisdom when that movie is being so widely panned.

grumbler

Brilliant! 

The movie may suck, but it should be famous just because it inspired this review.

QuoteBut every man, woman and child on this Earth should be forced to watch 'New Year's Eve,' because if you feel that you don't have any responsibility for its existence, you need to take a really hard look at yourself in the mirror.
:lmfao:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

KRonn

Yes, I did. Lots of popular actors/actresses in that movie. Though I'm not sure if that's going to make it any better since the review seems a bit ambiguous on the movie's story and script, but does cast quite a few negatives on parts of it to make me wary of it.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on December 11, 2011, 01:56:34 PM
I hate hipsters.

I hate hipsters.

Pretty fucking funny coming from a fag, with his Apple and interior decorator.  You define hipster, except the part about the cock in your mouth.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 11, 2011, 06:56:19 PM
You define hipster, except the part about the cock in your mouth.

They have metaphorical ones. I think Marty still qualifies.  :homestar:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

FunkMonk

Quote from: garbon on December 11, 2011, 01:44:54 PM

actress named Michelle Pfeiffer ('Wolf'),

played by Sarah Jessica Parker ('Striking Distance')

Oscar-winner Robert De Niro ('The Fan')

Oscar-winner Halle Berry ('The Flintstones').

of Katherine Heigl ('Bride of Chucky')

:lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Razgovory

I hate hipsters.

I hate hipsters.

Pretty fucking funny coming from a fag, with his Apple and interior decorator.  You define hipster, except the part about the cock in your mouth.

Marty is being Marty that is, he's being a poseur.  He knows it's cool to hate Hipsters, but he doesn't know why.  So he does so unthinkingly because that's what cool sophisticated people do.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: garbon on December 11, 2011, 08:08:51 PM
Do hipsters exist in Poland?

The jeans never went out of style but Pabst might not export to Poland.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 11, 2011, 07:49:48 PM
Quote from: garbon on December 11, 2011, 01:44:54 PM

actress named Michelle Pfeiffer ('Wolf'),

played by Sarah Jessica Parker ('Striking Distance')

Oscar-winner Robert De Niro ('The Fan')

Oscar-winner Halle Berry ('The Flintstones').

of Katherine Heigl ('Bride of Chucky')

:lol:
One of my favorite parts of the review as well.  Nice little touch by the author. :lol:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Josquius

I don't get it. Sounds like its talking about a bunch of different films, going from talking about this one the dude likes because its all deep and stuff to a crappy romcom....but it also sort of sounds like its talking about the same film.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on December 11, 2011, 08:21:25 PM
I don't get it. Sounds like its talking about a bunch of different films, going from talking about this one the dude likes because its all deep and stuff to a crappy romcom....but it also sort of sounds like its talking about the same film.

wtf?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

I hate hipsters.

I hate hipsters.

That's being a snob, not a hipster. Hipsters wear beards, oversized glasses and ironic clothes. The only common point between me and hipsters is Apple products.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on December 11, 2011, 08:08:51 PM
Do hipsters exist in Poland?

Yes they do. And for some reason the area where I live is suddenly their favorite zone in Warsaw.

katmai

I don't understand how the awfulness that was Valentine's Day came out that this piece of shit was green lit.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son