And we're back!

Main Menu

Cincy Thugs vs Xavier Good Catholics

Started by Ed Anger, December 11, 2011, 09:51:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Way Cincy's coach was telling it at the post-game press conference, the roster will look very different at the next game.  Permanently.

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 11, 2011, 10:35:02 AM
Way Cincy's coach was telling it at the post-game press conference, the roster will look very different at the next game.  Permanently.
Well he's gonna get shot.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Tonitrus

Valmy

Three players were suspended for six games.  Meh I thought he was going to kick people off the team.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

Kind of odd that the coach said what he said *before* he presumably had a chance to watch the tape, then watched the tape, and as a result imposed considerably lighter punishments?

And who in the fuck was stupid enough to let the players get in front of reporters and answer questions afterwards?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on December 12, 2011, 09:20:58 AM

Three players were suspended for six games.  Meh I thought he was going to kick people off the team.

That's what coaches do: threaten the absolute worst punishment and make a big production about it, then after some "extensive conversations" & whatnot, go with a lighter sentence.  That said, I think the punishment was appropriate.  I'm not a fan of Mick Cronin, but I think he handled it the way it needed to be handled.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on December 12, 2011, 10:13:15 AM
And who in the fuck was stupid enough to let the players get in front of reporters and answer questions afterwards?

That was funny as hell. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

hotshot

Quote from: Berkut on December 12, 2011, 10:13:15 AM

Apparently someone was stupid enough. LOL!

Ed Anger

Huggin's influence still lingers with the bearcats.

derspiess

Ed Anger

From Deadspin:

By Timothy Burke
Dec 13, 2011 3:20 PM

Xavier President Father Michael Graham Allegedly Threw Holy Water On Rowdy Fans As The Crosstown Brawl Raged

This is too weird to believe if we hadn't received multiple tips about it, and here's WLW 700 host Bill Cunningham on yesterday's program relating that he, too, had heard about Xavier president Fr. Michael Graham's bizarre behavior during the brawl that broke out in the Crosstown Shootout.

Witnesses claim Graham was throwing water on Xavier fans—some saying it was holy water, though how you could tell the difference I don't know. It is intriguing to think about a university president scattering holy water on a crowd, muttering "The power of Christ compels you!" as they chant, "FUCK U-C!"

:lol: