News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2012

Started by Maladict, December 10, 2011, 09:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 30, 2012, 09:27:02 AM
I haven't done shit. Other than powerlifting the remote control.

Be careful not to get a repetitive strain injury.

Ed Anger

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 30, 2012, 02:28:23 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 30, 2012, 09:27:02 AM
I haven't done shit. Other than powerlifting the remote control.

Be careful not to get a repetitive strain injury.

I don't masturbate, so no chance of that.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

fhdz

I have settled into a routine: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays I lift weights. Compound stuff like squats and deadlifts. Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays I run two miles and do an ab workout kind of like the Ab Ripper workout from P90X. Sundays I die and am reborn like a phoenix.
and the horse you rode in on

Brazen

After the torture of marathon training I have done the opposite and ditched all routine in favour of doing what I feel like on the day for a bit, including trying new classes at the gym and digging out my old DVDs. It's working out at about four days strength or circuits and two plain cardio. Last night I did a bare-belly dare workout at the gym in a cropped top, so sorry world for exposing my flab!

mongers

Quote from: Brazen on May 02, 2012, 04:15:47 AM
After the torture of marathon training I have done the opposite and ditched all routine in favour of doing what I feel like on the day for a bit, including trying new classes at the gym and digging out my old DVDs. It's working out at about four days strength or circuits and two plain cardio. Last night I did a bare-belly dare workout at the gym in a cropped top, so sorry world for exposing my flab!

Or more conventionally, just get a bike.  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

Who in the fuck wears a tie and a short sleeve button up shirt. :huh:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

Mormon missionaries.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 02, 2012, 09:57:04 PM
Mormon missionaries.

So you think Brazen should take up with Mormons as a first step in her alternated fitness program ?

PDH

I did three 20 mile round trips on the bike this week - not too shabby for the beginning of the warm season.  Riding at 7200 feet makes the throat feel like hamburger though the first few times out.

Goal is 80 miles a week by June, easy to reach I think as I am not crippled by this.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Brazen

Got a broken toe or an inflamed joint which has put me out of action. Doctor says it doesn't make any difference as you do the same thing for both - rest, ice and ibuprofen. Though he's given me a stand-by X-ray appointment in case it doesn't go away and I want to see whether it is actually broken. Got a 10-mile charity night hike next week which could be fun :S

PDH

Biked 25 miles this morning - the last 12 into a headwind so strong I had to pedal down a 5% incline...that will sap the old energy.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: PDH on May 28, 2012, 01:17:38 PM
Biked 25 miles this morning - the last 12 into a headwind so strong I had to pedal down a 5% incline...that will sap the old energy.

Made a 40 mile round trip last night to see a gig, on the way there quite a few nice little hills, but nothing on your 7000+ altitude or proper hills/mountains. 
On the way back, I had to take the main road back in the valley bottom, as I didn't fancy downhill stretches in the region of 40 mph with less than brilliant lights.  :(

merithyn

I'm desperate to go swimming, so I've asked Max to go with me. Our plan today: walk 3 miles to the pool, swim/lounge/canoodle/play in the water for three hours, then walk 3 miles home.

My major goal has always been to at least weigh less than my husband. I've managed that for seven years. Now, I want to have a smaller waist than him. So, my new goal is to winnow my waist down to 32" by the end of the year. Right now, I measure in at 39.5", so this is going to be hard going. The plus is that I haven't had a 32" waist since before I got pregnant with Carter and Jak. (I blossomed from 32" to 62" with that pregnancy.  :D Given that I'm only 62" tall, you can imagine the state I was in.)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

PDH

Quote from: mongers on May 28, 2012, 01:39:29 PM

Made a 40 mile round trip last night to see a gig, on the way there quite a few nice little hills, but nothing on your 7000+ altitude or proper hills/mountains. 
On the way back, I had to take the main road back in the valley bottom, as I didn't fancy downhill stretches in the region of 40 mph with less than brilliant lights.  :(

My three times weekly route is a 10 mile out (rise about 600 feet), then a 2.5 mile climb (rise about 1000-1100 feet), then back.  It is a good workout - all at 7000-8500 feet.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM