News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2012

Started by Maladict, December 10, 2011, 09:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

I'm guessing the cold weather is hampering most peoples exercise routines ?

Saving Cecil of course, who's no doubt still grinding out the half marathons.

It's not actually too bad out in Southern England, if you keep moving at a fair old pace one doesn't seem to get cold or freeze, but damn are the road surfaces around here crap.  :bowler:  :mad:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Brazen

Just did 13 miles, but it's still so icy out there it was more of a mince than a run, especially on the hills!

mongers

Quote from: Brazen on February 12, 2012, 08:43:46 AM
Just did 13 miles, but it's still so icy out there it was more of a mince than a run, especially on the hills!

:thumbsup:

Rather you than me, sister. And I'd hazard its a lot colder north of the River, than it is down here; as of mid-day the ground is beginning to unfreeze.

Iormlund

I've intensified my training, and I'm now going to the gym 5 days a week. With a bit of luck I'll drop the 5 kg or so that I got in the last few months. But there's no hurry.

mongers

Ouch, bike went from under me on a roundabout; I now have some rather painful skidmarks on my left side.  :(

Brazen

Quote from: mongers on February 14, 2012, 08:48:21 AM
Ouch, bike went from under me on a roundabout; I now have some rather painful skidmarks on my left side.  :(
Oww, careful with those skidmarks!

I am also in agony, but from increasing my distance too quickly and not stretching properly. Dumbass.

Maladict

Got my Tacx installed in front of the PC, this is really great.
Maybe I can attach a small mouse platform on the handle bars and play CK2 while cycling :cool:

Maladict

Quote from: mongers on February 14, 2012, 08:48:21 AM

I went down yesterday on my regular bike, reflexes are: sufficient.

mongers

:console:

I guess it's that time of year, I think it was diesel on the road that brought me down, lack of rain together with over salting often leave the roads covered with this slippery black grime.

Brazen

Signs say I have a stress fracture in my foot. Made a doctor's appointment for Tuesday, but he hates running (probably because he's obese) and always tries to make me stop whenever I get anything that may be related. I foresee a low-impact weekend as the only treatment is rest anyhow. Not writing off the marathon just yet.

mongers

Quote from: Brazen on February 17, 2012, 05:28:10 AM
Signs say I have a stress fracture in my foot. Made a doctor's appointment for Tuesday, but he hates running (probably because he's obese) and always tries to make me stop whenever I get anything that may be related. I foresee a low-impact weekend as the only treatment is rest anyhow. Not writing off the marathon just yet.

Oh dear Brazen, hope it gets better in the run up to the marathon.

After that, might it be time to hand up your running shoes and take up a less stressful, high impact form of exercise ? :whistle:

Eddie Teach

Swim clubs cost money, running is free. Besides, she probably doesn't want to have big muscular arms and shoulders.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 17, 2012, 11:05:02 PM
Swim clubs cost money, running is free. Besides, she probably doesn't want to have big muscular arms and shoulders.

You know there are other forms of exercise. And as Brazen will attest, funning isn't without cost.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: mongers on February 18, 2012, 09:46:34 AM
You know there are other forms of exercise.

:hmm:

Well, sure, but most sports are group activities. Running and swimming are ones you can do on your own.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 18, 2012, 10:14:50 AM
Quote from: mongers on February 18, 2012, 09:46:34 AM
You know there are other forms of exercise.

:hmm:

Well, sure, but most sports are group activities. Running and swimming are ones you can do on your own.

Low impact, two wheels, need any more hints ?  :P